It is official. I am an elder now!

by outofthebox 99 Replies latest jw friends

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

It happened last night guys.

I got early to the KH and the BOE came to talk to me. They ask me to read the Bible and asked me a couple of questions. One of the questions was "Have you ever abused of a child?". Of course not! (Didn't the Holy Spirit knew that already?)

Question to elders and ex-elders: Did you get asked that question also, or is this something new?

Anyway, they announced it to the Congregation. They were so happy. I was a little sad.

I wonder if my decision will help my family to free themselves. I'll keep you posted.

- ootb

• Layla33
    Layla33

There some things I want to say, but let me meditate on it. I just can't say congratulations though. Sorry.

• dinah
    dinah

Bless your heart.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

First! Congrats! You are now a future prince of the earth.

second...WTF? They ask that now??? sh%t!

• cognac
    cognac

What are you going to do in the JC's???

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Ootb,

I think yer F'd up!

To be part of something you definitely "do" not believe in is as hypocritical as the WTBS itself.

What were ya smoking? Er, drinking, whatever .

Quirky1

• lrkr
    lrkr

So, I suppose saying "Happy Easter" would be inappropriate....

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

JCs? I don't know. Each case is different. If I can do some good, I'll go for it. If it is something fishy, I'll call sick that day. I think. Not sure.

Hypocritical? I don't think so. I am just in a difficult position and I don't want to lose my family, but maybe this will wake them up. Maybe they will think: "How's is this possible? how comes OOTB is an elder? He always says things that sound soooo different to the WT. What happened to the HS?". I hope.

-ootb

• blondie
    blondie
    One of the questions was "Have you ever abused of a child?". Of course not! (Didn't the Holy Spirit knew that already?)

Like anyone would tell the truth if they were a pedophile!

Well, you will learn that it is the elder's manual that they go by, not the Bible.

• JH
    JH

The Holy Spirit works in strange ways

Congratulations

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit