It is official. I am an elder now!

by outofthebox 99 Replies latest jw friends

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

OK my friend. If you have been honest and you have actually been appointed an overseer in the congregation, Hail Mary Mother of Jesus, good !!! Now are you the kind of person who is going to set an example and take the lead in field service and actually sit down to prepare your share of crap for the Ministry School and the occasional Public Talk? Your in an unique position. Here is my advice: On the body of elders there will perhaps be someone a little critical of WT policy- can you find out who? Can you win over his confidence -over time -and have a "friend" along with you so your not in this thing alone and help someone else at the same time other than your goal of "your family" The more that realize the BS the better and with a litle luck and knowledge FROM YOU you can put a dent in there. To win over an elders confidence means your going to have to spend your share of time with them not begging off. SO i hope something positive can come out of this. In Lethbridge Alberta James Penton got almost 50% of the congregation to get up out of their chairs and leave during the meeting. Thats the best case scenario. I hope u can at least get some family members out. All the BEST !

• Sirona
    Sirona

So will you be giving us the inside info? Posting scans of BOE letters?

As others have said, I'd make it a short term goal to get your family out.

Also, make sure you don't recruit anyone new!

Sirona

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

And now the QUEST begins!! OOTB, I can appreciate your willingness to go along with the program, to meet your own ends. I have known an awful lot of elders whose hearts really weren't in it, not for a SECOND!!They liked the prestige, enjoyed the dirty bits of info they got and passed it along to family.

Alot of them didn't appreciate the CO's and they spoke often disparragingly of them. You though , have a purpose! You have a goal! I hope that you succeed my friend.

Now, on to your naysayers....If they are so adamant about your accepting this position, then why aren't they hammering on those elders that are members of this board? Why don't they condemn them for STILL being elders? Why not tell them to step down and declare their lack of faith in the arrangement..Aren't they, the elders here, HYPOCRITES also??

And, what about ALL of the members of this forum that are FADERS?? Some still regularly attend meetings, for good show, condemn them also!!!

You know what I have to say?? You DO what YOU have to DO!!

POWER ON OOTB!!!!

NMG

• reniaa
    reniaa

Well you know my feelings from other thread OOTB :( This will be my last post on the subject because I think you get enough encitment from many on this forum and may take negatives as encouragement too but I hope your family doesn't end up feeling a massive betrayal from your actions, remember there's always a quiet way to end this if you realise its more than you can handle.

I disaprove the dishonesty and can't see much good coming from it. I hope you get out of this soon without causing hurt or getting hurt.

reniaa

• cognac
    cognac

How's is this possible? how comes OOTB is an elder? He always says things that sound soooo different to the WT. What happened to the HS?

Exactly. This whole thread sounds like bullshit.

I don't agree with this at all... I'm not sure if it's just time, or if it depends on the cong you go to, but I've been saying so much crap in my comments and to people it's not even funny... So far, nobody has said anything at all to me. I think that's shocking, especially based on what some here have been disfellowshipping for... I don't know, I wonder if they are so freaken brainwashed they actually can't even take in anything other then what they want to hear... It's just shocking to me, I get away with complete murder and they want to make my husband an MS... I don't get it at all, but it happens...

• chikikie
    chikikie

Indeed.

• cognac
    cognac

Hey OOTB!

If I moved to wherever the hell you are, would you tear up my JW card for me??? I'll give you $100, lol

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

You hear that WTS!!! Your holyspirit is crap at picking elders!! lol

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

OOTB

I have not read all of this thread, I think it was all said on the other thread you started a few days ago.

Look, you are clearly in a difficult situation. fair enough.

BUT STOP DREAMING!!!! You will not help anyone out of the org by being an elder. Though a few on this site give examples of some elder managing to get there family out - this is very very rare. You will now find it more difficult to live the double life. I was an elder, realised it was not the truth and from then on it was totally frustrating. The only honourable thing I could do was step down as an elder. If staying an elder could help in getting family out we would have all done it, but, this site is full of ex elders.

It is worthy to note that if you are found out you will be disfellowshipped real quick, when you possibly could have faded and kept contact with family.

You mention the questions elders ask you before they appoint you. The child abuse question is old news - its been on the internet for years.

One of the other questions is along the lines of - Is their anything in your personal life that would disqualify you? You clearly had to dodge this one by not telling the truth, you cant possibly feel good about that!!!!!!

Anyway, all the best for the future and I hope you acheive what it is you are planning.

The scotsman.

• ?me?
    ?me?

i think if that getting everybody out in the future is the goal, i could not think of a BETTER way to do it, or a better cover.

here is my line of thinking....

being an elder, we know he is going to hear some messed up stuff and see some weird info in the BOE letters and KMS, and in the private meetings with the CO. after they all start piling up, he can go to his family with the info and how "outraged " that he is that this goes on, this is covered up, the JC's are not unbias, the society is pushing him too hard, etc...

after gathering this damning info, his family is more likely to leave if they want.

i just hope we get some nice juicy info to use for ourselves..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit