Worship The Lord

by real one 76 Replies latest jw friends

• jstalin
    jstalin

Sorry about that realone - it's 1 Samuel 18:25-28. I found it in the New World Translation too:

25 At that Saul said: “This is what YOU men will say to David, ‘The king has delight, not in marriage money, but in a hundred foreskins of the Phi·lis´tines, to avenge himself on the enemies of the king.’” But as for Saul, he had schemed to have David fall by the hand of the Phi·lis´tines. 26 So his servants reported these words to David, and the matter was to David’s liking, to form a marriage alliance with the king, and the days had not yet expired. 27 So David rose and he and his men went and struck down among the Phi·lis´tines two hundred men, and David came bringing their foreskins and giving them in full number to the king, to form a marriage alliance with the king. In turn Saul gave him Mi´chal his daughter as a wife. 28 And Saul got to see and know that Jehovah was with David. As for Mi´chal, Saul’s daughter, she loved him.

And the New International Version

24 When Saul's servants told him what David had said, 25 Saul replied, "Say to David, 'The king wants no other price for the bride than a hundred Philistine foreskins, to take revenge on his enemies.' " Saul's plan was to have David fall by the hands of the Philistines.

26 When the attendants told David these things, he was pleased to become the king's son-in-law. So before the allotted time elapsed, 27 David and his men went out and killed two hundred Philistines. He brought their foreskins and presented the full number to the king so that he might become the king's son-in-law. Then Saul gave him his daughter Michal in marriage.

28 When Saul realized that the LORD was with David and that his daughter Michal loved David,

And the New Living Translation

24 When Saul’s men reported this back to the king, 25 he told them, “Tell David that all I want for the bride price is 100 Philistine foreskins! Vengeance on my enemies is all I really want.” But what Saul had in mind was that David would be killed in the fight.

26 David was delighted to accept the offer. Before the time limit expired, 27 he and his men went out and killed 200 Philistines. Then David fulfilled the king’s requirement by presenting all their foreskins to him. So Saul gave his daughter Michal to David to be his wife.

28 When Saul realized that the L ord was with David and how much his daughter Michal loved him, 29 Saul became even more afraid of him, and he remained David’s enemy for the rest of his life.

Praise the Lord, for he givith foreskins!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Real one

God is a wonderful God and a just God. For those of you who do not understand His ways join the crowd, because no one will be able to understand all that He does or all that He allows

God is an abusive tyrant, the greatest killers of mankind since his and are existent , that makes him an asshole.....a Real One

Well Real one whats your answer to that truthful statement, you say your real, real at what ?

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

real one,

You asked me if you and I serve the same God? I am not sure. My God is the Lord Jesus Christ and I think by your actions your God may be the god of this system of things. You remember his name now don't you?

Jesus said "by this all will know you are my disciples, if you have love for one another". Judgeing is not love. Saying who is accepted by God and who isn't is not love. Starting threads to upset people is not love. Even Christ did not come to condem and judge the world in his day. He said he came to save the world. If you stop using this forum to judge and condem but rather to upbuild and help people here know Christ by your example, not your incessant preaching in vain, then maybe you can justly lay claim to being one of his. (Christ's that is).

By the way; Where in the Bible does it say that Arrogance is a good Christian quality? The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness and faithfullness. (Galatians 5:22) Where is arrogance? Don't see it.

I think before you try to become a Bible Teacher or preacher, you should open the book up and actually learn what it says yourself.

Peace, Lilly

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

God will do what He sees fit to be done and who am I or anyone else for that matter to judge Him?

Of course we are to judge. We have been given the knowledge of right and wrong. Haven't you read that?

Sheesh, and you didn't know about the foreskins, either?

As homerovah says, the BibleGod you worship is a bloodthirsty destroyer. As much as you like to sidestep the issue with trite polemics, your BibleGod is either a hideous monster or a mythical sky fairy.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

When god created man, SHE was only joking!!!

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

Mrs Smith and LouBelle: Although the expression - "Keep your eyes on the prize" - may well, indeed, have become a cliche among the Witnesses, it actually has a long and venerable history. The expression was a folk song that was popular within the American Civil Rights movement during the 1950's and 1960's. It was written by an American civil rights activist named Alice Wine in 1956, and it became the title of a documentary made in the 1980's. Before Ms. Wine's rendition of it as a folk song, it was a hymn composed many years before World War I. This same basic song has had various "incarnations" in various forms throughout history. For example, it's been known as "Gospel Plow;" "Hold On;" and Keep Your Hands On The Plow," as well as other titles. Moreover, since the civil rights movement, it has been sung by several contemporary musicians such as Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen. Like many other songs and hymns, it has its ultimate roots in the Bible, in Paul's letter to the Philippians. Its message of persevering with hope in one's heart in the face of oppostion and adversity is universal and timeless. I suppose that the argument could be made that the Witnesses have somehow cheapened the expression [and its message] by turning it into a mindless, empty cliche. However, I feel that they will never succeed in ruining its idea of hope. And, furthermore, I think that no one should in any way regret using the phrase. In short, the Witnesses have never "owned" this expression; they don't have a monopoly on it. Just as they don't have a monopoly on perseverance or hope. It would never occur to me to equate, or even associate, this expression with the Witnesses.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

What is interesting is that the WT even uses the word "prize" as a reward for the rank and file, telling them to keep their eye on it. The "prize" is heavenly life, not a paradise on earth!

Here are more scriptures that mention the prize;

1 Corinthians 9:24-27
    24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.

26 Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. 27 No, I beat my body and make it my slave so

that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize

Philippians 3:14
    I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus

Someone should ask the "brothers" why they keep telling the congregation to keep their eyes on a prize they are told by the WT they will never recieve. Peace, Lilly

• parakeet
    parakeet

real one wrote: "If i come across as arrogant then thats good. that says to me that the faith I pray to God for is deeply rooted."

• real one
    real one

homerovah... God created what He destroys...He has that right

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

As of late there have been very few people that get as much play as Realone. Realone, you need to get out amongst society a little more. Learn some social skills, get a girl friend, and by all means get some sun, you're looking a little pekid lately.

One your favorite detractors. You really irritate me, I should know better than read your innocuos, romantic fantasies about a history book, bible.

NMG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit