Worship The Lord

by real one 76 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

ah, men

• berylblue
    berylblue

Yeah, whatever. Hey, what would Jesus think if I had sex with five men simultaneously? Just curious.

• Satanus
    Satanus

b

Dunno. Umm, if he could be #6??

S

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

real one - the student cannot overtake the master until he has mastered everything - I do not think you have come close to mastering the preaching work - first you need to undertand and then be understood.

• JK666
    JK666

beryl,

The Lord wants to come (sp) first . . . in your life. He is a jealous God.

JK

• real one
    real one

i do realize all christians dont have the same zeal for showing their love for Christ. I will shout it off the mountain tops. i'll let everyone know about my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Out in public, home alone, dosent matter to me.

• real one
    real one

Loubelle what else do I need to master?

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

Real One - You so cavalierly dismiss Greek and Roman myth as a "mess." Your attittude is haughty and disdainful indeed. One of the points that I was trying to make is that, in the future, people will consider our Christian myths to be a "mess." I can give you a few examples right now that show that the New Testament is a sefl-contradicting "mess."

The Gospel of Mark states that Jesus was crucified the day after the Passover meal was eaten (Mark 14:12; 15;25). However, in the gospel of John, it says that Jesus died the day before the Passover meal was eaten (John:19:14). Well, I ask you: On which day did Jesus die, the day before or the day after the Passover meal was eaten?

In his gospel account of Jesus's birth, Luke indicates that Joseph and Mary returned to Nazareth just over a month after they had come to Bethlehem to perform the rites of purification (Luke 2:39). However, in his gospel account, Matthew indicates that Joseph and Mary instead fled to Egypt (Matthew 2: 19-22). Again, I ask: Which is it? Did Joseph and Mary return to Nazareth, or did they flee to Egypt?

In Galatians 1:16-17, Paul says that, after his conversion on the road to Damascus, he did not go to Jerusalem to visit those who were apostles before him. However, in Acts 9:26, it says that this was the first thing that Paul did after leaving Damascus.

And why, in fourth chater of Mark, is Jesus quoted as saying that the mustard seed is "the smallest of all seeds on earth," when everyone knows perfectly well that it is by no means the smallest seed on earth?

I mention these points because of the view of that evangelicals hold of the Bible. They view it as the inerrant word of God, containing no mistakes. For evangelicals, the Bible is inspired completely and in its very words, i.e. verbal, plenary inspiration. However, in fact, the New Testament contains thousands of errors; indeed, the number of errors in the New Testament is greater than the number of words.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

real one:

what else do I need to master?

• Basic spelling and grammar
    • Manners
    • Logical thinking
    • Empathy
    • Humility

The above would be a good start.

• real one
    real one

rapunzel just because you do not understand these points you speak about does not make what you say true. You can do research and find the answers to those questions

fd... here we go, There is no end to books, and too much study will wear you out. Everything you were taught can be put into a few words:

Respect an obey God! That is what life is all about. God will judge everything we do, even what is done in secret whether good or bad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit