Torn between being Gay and the Truth.........

by ScoobySnax 98 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Hmmmmm.......'??? Is that the sound of firm noncomital? Is it the sound of, 'uhoh, he said something interesting'? The sound of a synapse connecting and heating up, before it was damped down again?

S

• real one
    real one

J-guy im with you some dont see whats right in front of them...maybe not because they cant see it, but because they dont want to see.

• berylblue
    berylblue

Holy shit, Scooby - you still here?

• joelbear69
    joelbear69

Hi Scooby,

You can love God and be gay. It all comes down to what you believe about being gay and how you define
    your own moral structure. If you believe that Jehovah's Witnesses have the truth, then you have
    to believe that it was your choice to be gay or that you were born with this "weakness" that is
    your weakness to fight.

There are certainly many celibate gay JW's. I've met dozens online so there must be thousands. If
    you want to be a JW, don't beat yourself up about it, just resolve that you will always have
    to be celibate and that the companionship you will have for your entire life will be the
    congregation. If you believe it is the truth, then that is what you should do.

I personally did not leave until I had stopped believing it was the truth. I found too many holes
    in the doctrines through personal Bible study and the study of history. When you apply hard logic
    to any number of JW doctrines they simply don't hold up. They just don't. So then it becomes a
    matter of faith. You believe it because you believe it. It melds well into your system of thinking.

You can't have your cake (so to speak) and eat it too. Now if you accept as 99% of homosexual
    people do that you were born homosexual, then the whole concept of it being a sin or a choice
    becomes difficult to rationalize.

I could not be a celibate man. I made it as a virgin until I was 25. But, beyond sex, I also
    knew that I could not live alone the rest of my life. Mitch and I celibrate 19 years together
    next week. I have not been a witness for 20 years. I still miss my friends and family, but
    you only have 1 life to live. Try to make wise choices.

Take care

Joel

• feenx
    feenx

Scooby, looks like you've gotten a lot of good advice on this thread. I can understand taking it with a grain of salt from those of us outside the organization. However, if I was still inside the organization, my bottom line would be that being gay doesn't mean you suddenly have to stop believing in Jehovah and what you feel is "the Truth." There is a difference between the Truth and the organization. In fact...wasn't the Truth around long before there was a society? Of course.

Being gay doesn't negate your love for God or your beliefs in the Bible. And wouldn't you rather strive to serve God in earnestly and HONESTLY? If you are gay, then that would be the honest thing to do. And isn't honesty and faithfulness based from the heart what, above all, truly matters to Jehovah?

You can't choose whether or not to be gay, you either are or you aren't. That wont change no matter how hard you try to suppress it. But you CAN change being honest with yourself and God, or to keep living a lie for the sake of men.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Being new to this board, I have many assumpitons about you. First, it seems that you were raised as a JW. Anyone who has been indoctrinated by an evil cult needs to be deprogrammed, especially those who were raised that way. Please, if you haven't already, seek therapy. Second, it seems that you have a yearning to believe in God and the Bible. That's fine, but such beliefs require FAITH. You must develop faith in God that says He is loving and not the tyrant that the WTB&TS paints Him. You must also realize that, by all historical accounts, the Bible is incomplete. If you want to know everything it really did say (as far as we know now), you have to do research.

I cannot even imagine how you feel, since I wasn't raised a JW, and I am not gay. However, all doctrine aside, any organization that hides abuse of women and children, destroys families and causes needless deaths DOES NOT HAVETHE TRUTH! That, my dear man, is THE TRUTH.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

It certainly is a dilemma for you Scooby, and I feel for you, it has to be very difficult for you feeling the way you do. You certainly sound like you have a good heart and wish to do the right thing.

It doesn't seem fair that a person has to deal with this when they didn't ask to be Gay.

I watched that Video, quite thought provoking.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

My youngest brother is gay. He was Mom's favorite even on her dying bed. Mom was a hardcore Evangelical Christian. When she first found out, she was upset. But then she figured she had us all baptised "in the blood of Jesus"; so we're good! To Mom the baptism covers all sin; and that God would straighten things out on "Judgement Day". We were NOT to judge others! That's God's business!

• Zico
    Zico

If it's the Truth, all you'll get for acting on your homosexual attractions is eternal oblivion. Is that so bad? I assume you dealt with this ok before you were born! Why worry about it in future?

• Mulan
    Mulan

Nice to hear from you, Joelbear. Great advice from one who knows. Congratulations to you and Mitch!!

I think Joel said it best. Lots here for you to think about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit