Torn between being Gay and the Truth.........

by ScoobySnax 98 Replies latest jw friends

• whereami
  • saywhat29
    saywhat29

Yeah, it's really hard to follow what Joelbear said. He is right about their being alot of other celibate Jws; i remember somebody pming me this messageboard one time for celibate jws... depressing!

But if that is what you believe then that is what you should do.

But if its not, then I would look into what you believe instead of what you think you believe because there is mucho evidence against the truth being the truth and I personally think that you may be scared for what that may mean. If its not the truth then you may just have to face yourself, face your sexuality and what not and that can be scary and its,,,easy to hide behind the JW faith and believe it even when you know it falls apart, even when you knw it sounds nice but the belief system does not hold up.

I've been there, buddy and its scary but don't let it drown you with fear and stuff; you are still young and you don't haveto make a decision right now. But i'd just look into it more and hold your head up.

• Sirona
    Sirona

If JWs are "the truth" this means that Jehovah God is going to soon destroy 99% of mankind.

Only JWs and possibly a handful of other people will be living to watch the birds eat everyone else's corpses.

Then in the new system, Jehovah will tyranically make sure that noone steps out of line (no individuality, no true freedom) AND will subject humans to another test of Satan (I wonder if that one will last the same length of time as the last test since adam?)

To be really honest with you, I do not want to be in this "new system" and I certainly don't want to serve such a god.

Back when I had doubts and wondered "is it the truth?" this reasoning finally freed me. Nowadays after researching I know that it is not the truth.

Sirona

• Layla33
    Layla33

Your first step is to stop being indoctrinated. It's not "the truth", stop referring to it as such, and your mind will be more accepting of seeing the world differently.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

"What the Bible Really Says About Homosexuality"

http://www.amazon.com/What-Bible-Really-About-Homosexuality/dp/188636009X

If you ar looking for a wider understanding of what the Bible says - as opposed to the didactic dictators of the WTS - check this out.

There are plenty of Christian gays, and welcoming religions.

As for the "JW switch" - being gay is just one thing to come to terms with regarding the WTS. Then there's honesty, and the way women are treated, and the whole political world of the local Elders scene, oh and the hypocrisy of Malawi vs. Mexico and the UN thing...

If it were indeed The Truth, there wouldn't be so many leaving!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Scoob let me tell you from my point of view -an active witness. I know many witnesses who believe it is the truth that practice wha they are not supposed to. Many elders drink excessively -that is a "sin". Where does it say in the bible that being gay is worse than drinking.

I know many young ones in the truth , married and otherwise who practice oral sex. They are not suppose to. Where in the bible does it say that being gay is worse than doing oral?

I myself practice things I am not supposed to. The bible condems lying but the GB and others do it all the time. Where does it say in the bible that being gay is worse than lying?

You be happy

• dinah
    dinah

Scooby, you have a pm.

You are right, Stilla.

I had the thought the last time this subject came up--what if being hetero was against the rules and I was supposed to just deal with it? Just to turn the tables, what would I do!!!

I truly think all the rules about sexuality are just things men added in doctrine to try and make people behave.

• Layla33
    Layla33

Scoob let me tell you from my point of view -an active witness. I know many witnesses who believe it is the truth that practice wha they are not supposed to. Many elders drink excessively -that is a "sin". Where does it say in the bible that being gay is worse than drinking.

I know many young ones in the truth , married and otherwise who practice oral sex. They are not suppose to. Where in the bible does it say that being gay is worse than doing oral?

I myself practice things I am not supposed to. The bible condems lying but the GB and others do it all the time. Where does it say in the bible that being gay is worse than lying?

You be happy

Why are you involved in something that is hypocritical at best, and doesn't even stand up to its own standards? I don't know your story, but being aware that this doctrine is basically a lie and not followed anyway, is weird and then giving advice with this as a standard to pick and choose, but follow(?) is also strange.

• dinah
    dinah

Layla, Stilla is stilla jw because of family. It's a hard choice to make to give up everyone over some f'd up religion.

He also wasn't telling Scoob to stick with anything, just giving an example of other things the Society says is wrong but are practiced anyway.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Scooby:

I don't know what to tell you. You are going to see and do what you want; you can try and juggle being gay and being on the fringes of JWism and before you know it a decade or two will have gone by and you will not have moved forward mentally or spiritually. I was a walk away believer when I left and I had some doubts but not enough to completely give up on the org being "the truth". I didn't leave the organization because I necessarily wanted sexual freedom; I left because I didnt wanted to be judged and held in contempt as if I was a dispicable person for something I have no control or choice over if I was to come out or be outted to any in my family or congregation. Finding out the truth about the truth came later, so I guess in my case being gay is what saved me out of that mind controlling organization.

LRG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit