Torn between being Gay and the Truth.........

by ScoobySnax 98 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    correct, I believe in the Bible God's word

Well, whatever floats your boat. Just stop running into mine. I don't have to believe in what you believe in.

• real one
    real one
    Well, whatever floats your boat. Just stop running into mine. I don't have to believe in what you believe in. nor do i have to believe in what you believe in
  • aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Scooby

You say you feel torn between being gay and the JW "truth" but we can wonder : in the end, are JWs' moral principles, in that precific matter, so different from Bible principles ? Honestly I don't think so. There are many domains where we can contest JWs' views and rightly say that they build up their own set of rules, which are not found in the Bible : birthdays, salute to the flag, etc. But one has to admit that the Bible view on homosexuality is plainly set out and JWs don't depart from it. Whether these principles are of universal value is not what this post is about, I find that they are the best at hand on this subject but each one can have his/her personal opinion in the matter. So, the choice you have to make is between your leaning (is homosexual attraction inborn or acquired, I wouldn't venture to say) and the principles you have been taught, that you still seem to consider as important, and maybe this inward feeling, which meets with common sense, that homosexuality is just not natural. I don't mean to be judgemental, it's up to you to direct your life with, this is my wish for you, as little frustration and/or moral uncomfort as you will be able to bear, either way. May Jehovah help you manage it.

• JK666
    JK666

The "truth" sucks much more than a bath house. Why be torn?

JK

• RAYZORBLADE
  • Jringe01
    Jringe01

Remember that scene in Return of the Jedi when Ben finally tells Luke his justification for what was said about Anakin's death. "So what I told you was true...from a certain point of view".

Then he goes on to give one of the deepest insights I have ever heard "Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view"

There is so much wisdom in that statement. In my expereince this is so true. I knew I liked boys since I was very young, from 5 or 6 years of age. I performed my first sexual act around that time (willingly on another boy a couple years older) yet when I was in my late teens I came into the truth because quite a bit of what I was taught fit my beliefs and personality, it jived with "my point of view"

Scobby, I've been where you are now and to some degree I am still there. Even though I have read a lot of the evidence against the JW there are still some aspects of it I haven't shed. I have never formally left, always wanting to keep at least one tentative doorway open just in case because there are still a few things about the truth I agree with because they fit my personality.

One thing to keep in mind is that everyone's opinion on what you should do is based on...their point of view. Like that oracle in the Matrix said "You're just gonna have to make up your own damn mind". One thing I will say is this: I don't know you from Adam but I am not an complete outsider to your situation, having gone thru something similar. If you ever need someone like that to listen to you then you shall have it.

Sometimes just having someone listen can make a world of difference.

• Jringe01
    Jringe01

PS:

and as for real

• Jringe01
    Jringe01

PS: Thumbs up to avishi for posting the link to that video. it is amazing. Thanks dude.

And for you real one:

YOU GO GURL!!!!!!!!

where is she going?

Well honey, to use another Star Wars reference...she's going down a path that you can't follow.

• real one
    real one

trust and believe i do not want to follow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit