What Homophobia REALLY means.

by darkuncle29 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Sirona
    Sirona

I've missed quite a few threads ...

I just didn't realise that Real One was a homosexual JW. It must be really hard for him / her to suppress the urges.

Sirona

• Velvetann
    Velvetann
    Go pray to God sincerely in your heart and He will take this desire away from you.

I am confused, and i would like to understand what is going on with some of you and your lives. I am fairly new here, thats my excuse for my ignorance. Anyway the quote above, does he/she suggest that you pray for God to take the desire away (for What) Being Gay???

If so I thought we were all ExJW's here and finally had OPEN minds. I thought we were free of Judgemental attitudes

Live and let live in peace

• Forscher
    Forscher

Come off it people.

The word homophobia is just a the usual penchant the left has for demonizing those who choose not to accept their views. The word is a combination of two Greek words, homo, or same, and phobia, or fear. Unfortunately phobia is used in the clinical sense of an unreasonable and pathological fear of a thing. Thus, by calling someone homophobic, the inference is that the person has a psychotic fear of homosexuals. In other words it is calling those who stand up for traditional morality mentally sick.

It is another example of the left's fine tolerance for other views than its own.

Forscher

• Sirona
    Sirona

Forcher,

What, according to you, is "traditional morality"?

Also, what makes "traditional morality" superior or desirable?

Moving away from bigotry is walking in the right direction....presumably away from these so called traditions.

Sirona

• inkling
    inkling
    If so I thought we were all ExJW's here and finally had OPEN minds. I thought we were free of Judgemental attitudes

Velvetann:

If you look over his posts, "real one" is still what we call a "blue pill". (matrix reference)

Although "real one" is often technically critical of the WT, he is still very much stuck in a JW trained
    mindset, and ends up functioning on this board as a crude and loud apologetic for bible-based fundamentalism.

Please take his (or her) comments with that in mind. Although many here DO have open minds, remember
    that is also an open board, and we get all kinds, from insightful thinkers to shallow bigots.

Welcome to the internet.

[inkling]

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

More often than we'd like to admit, we've done it.

Having been there and regrettably done that; that's part of the reason in my late teenage years that I joined the WTBTS.

I went through denial; internalized homophobia, all which contributed to my 'then' on-going woes and misery.

It's a process, that's for sure.

Once you get to that 'acceptance' stage (on our own terms), things begin to fall into place nicely.

Great post DarkUncle.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

ro - repressed & bi-sexual

nj

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

It has been my belief for a number of years that one is homosexual/gay whatever due to being born that way. Have seen this in family members from a very young age, and it blossomed so to speak when reaching puberty and young adulthood. They are born that way, we shouldn't be denigrating them because of who or what they are sexaully but as who and what they are as human beings. Just thin the worst thing I can think of growing up to be is a narow minded JW Elder.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Inkling

Thanks for the explanation, I am confused at times when I see comments from people here and it seems they are Pro JW's thoughts. I see what you mean about some people still having the MINDSET of them but still not being for them. Makes Perfect Sense.

I agree that everyone should share their opinions and this place has lots of them. Thats why we aren't in the Watchtower Society anymore because we want to have FreeMINDS

• inkling
    inkling
    "I agree that everyone should share their opinions and this place has lots of them.
    Thats why we aren't in the Watchtower Society anymore because we want to have FreeMINDS"

I agree, I am glad this is the case, and I feel this openess to anyone no matter how odd is worth defending.

(I posted on the subject a while back: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/152199/1.ashx)

[inkling]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit