What Homophobia REALLY means.

by darkuncle29 82 Replies latest jw friends

• jstalin
    jstalin

Jesus had two daddies.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Back to the original topic... what now if I develop homophobiaphobia ? I mean, now I've got a phobia of being homophobic or being around homophobic people, you know, afraid of being afraid of homosexuals...? I've posted several times on some of the same threads as you, darkuncle, and I've been stalked by, well, you-know-who-SHE-is. So, now it all scares me.

Plus, I find jstalin's avatar very handsome. But I also find Layla's avatar totally hot. I find both these attractions puzzling. Perhaps I'm biphobic? Wikipedia has an article on biphobia, but I thought 'biphobia' was a fear of bifocals, bicycles, and binoculars? Don't laugh you guys... I had on my new glasses, was out on my ten-speed, and grabbed my roof-prism binoculars when I thought I saw a White-breasted Nuthatch. The accident was very, very traumatic. And yes, I'm now nuthatchphobic, too.

Sorry, I already did my super serious post for the night and am trying to 'lighten up' before I log off tonight But it is a good topic. Thanks DU. (and thanks jstalin and Layla )

• veradico
    veradico

I'm with you Billy; I think jstalin's avatar is sexy too. And I'm what I'd like to call homophobic-homos-phobic. That is, I dislike it immensely when gay folks (people who are "out", not the closeted homophobes) I know pick on other gays for being too "queeny". Just because they hate themselves doesn't mean everyone else should. With homophobic-homos around, it's easier to behave and dress in ways that our society arbitrarily associates with gayness if you're straight than if you actually are gay. A lot of it can be explained as, in my opinion, a kind of disguised misogyny. The characteristics which we, by convention, designate as feminine can be criticized, derided, and stigmatized in a man in a way that would be unacceptable if directed at a woman. Likewise, I find that a lot of racism is disguised as a kind of intellectual or economic elitism. Sexist and racist language is avoided, but the underlying problems are still there.

• real one
    real one

dark - one you still at it? know this..no matter how much you talk about me you still will not change what the Bible says about homosexuality..I am not afraid of homosexuals as i am not afraid of liars or theives..you talk about my God! you had better watch out because i tell you He knows your heart and He reads your intentions and i really feel sorry for you...especially about what you said about Him...as i said before, He will not be mocked or ignored either for that matter. i worship the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob and you better believe He is real!

As for the rest of you, i could care less what you think of me especially you Billy the ex-bethelite, God loves me and thats all that matters!

• shamus100
    shamus100

Woo hoo!

Mr. Judgemental comes back.

Didn't you criticize me on another thread telling me not to judge people?

FYI - I don't believe in god. So drool over your vengance, you 35 year old living in your parents basement.

Love, Shamus.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'God loves me'

God is a he. Glad you're not male-godophobic. I swing the other way, i prefer goddesses ;)

S

• real one
    real one

i am not judging anyone, again im just quoting scripture

• veradico
    veradico

Real One, you keep saying that. Most religious people couch their judgments in the language of scripture. Quoting scriptures is one of the easiest ways to pronounce judgments on others while appealing to another's (God's) authority. However, you would be more precise to say, "I don't explicitly judge; I just paraphrase notions I think are scriptural and occasionally quote a scripture, allowing my judgments to remain largely implicit." You quote the Bible far, far less than, say, Narkissos or Leolaia when they are in full form.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Implication is judging

He reads your intentions and i really feel sorry for you

And how do you know he's being mocked? Who are you?

I'll mock him - Jehovah eats rotten lemons.

I'll mock her - Woman Jehovah eats rotten lemons.

Whatever god or deitey you believe in, just replace Jehovah with it. It'll make you feel better.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

What you talkin' bout ? God ?SHE has retired!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/14/153982/1.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit