What Homophobia REALLY means.

by darkuncle29 82 Replies latest jw friends

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Thanks Brin.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Repressed - definetly. He should have experimented when he was younger, that's for sure.

(to the song of "Then They Will Know")

Then he would know... he may have been a homo... then he would know... he only like young guys...

Everyone gets your point. Very interesting read, Dark Uncle.

• brinjen
    brinjen

I vote for: Repressed & gay.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Tally:

Repressed: 3

Gay: 3

• shamus100
    shamus100

So now, here is another offshoot here.

I think it's safe to say that most people did a little experimenting when they were younger. Enough said about that.

What role do high control religious groups have to play in making people feel so guilty about engaging in this behavior and not feeling guilty. When you are in your teens, you're bombarded with literature telling yourself not to touch yourself, because it's bad, and it can lead to same sex touching. Like people on this planet have never mastrubated before. Yah right.

I think dubs are responsible for a lot of repressed people out there. I can think of at least one right now that's living it.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Yes Shamus, I think JWs and other fundie type groups contribute alot to the repression, but I've met a few people who were raised in very liberal accepting households that still felt the need to repress it for some reason. I asked one guy why he did that route, he even got married for a short while, and he couldn't really give me an answer that I understood.

• shamus100
    shamus100

So would you say things now are better, worse, or the same?

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29
    So would you say things now are better, worse, or the same?

regarding who? Sorry I'm following ya.

• shamus100
    shamus100

In regards to opressing sexual feelings.

I think nothing has really changed personally. People are much more understanding of homosexuality today, but parents are still oppresive today, IMO.

• inkling
    inkling
    Do not let Satan blind your mind and have you thinking for the rest of your life you cannot overcome this feeling. many have overcome it. Give God a try!

New and improved "God"!
    In clinical trials, God is the most powerful anti-gay available without a prescription...

Give God a Try- It's gets the GAY out!

We guarantee it.

[ink]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit