Marriage after Armageddon

by nemail 81 Replies latest social relationships

• journey-on
    journey-on
    What percentage of people here are actually Jehovahs Witnesses and not here to put them down?

You made the above statement, nemail, before anyone commented with a JW put down. So here is what I think about this thread.

You did not come here by accident. You would have to be a total dumbass to get to this site and figure out how to register and not realize it's mainly ex-JWs or folks who have awakened to the hypocrisy of the WTBTS. When people say they accidentally found this site and thought it was active JWs discussing doctrine, beliefs, etc., they are either lying or ignorant. When I found this site, I only had to read a few posts to understand the tone of JWD. You are here to stir the sh*t or else you're plain and simply dumb.
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I vote for plain and simply dumb

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

Hi nemail :)

I'm inactive. I've been out for about 4 years. Memorial 2004 was my last time in a hall.

The doctrine you bring up always confused me as well. Truthfully, I think it is nothing more than speculation... there isn't strong biblical support.

To answer your question, I think most of us here have lost a lot to the JW religion. Even though I'm not DF'd or DA'd I'm considered "bad association" and I'm ignored by most of our family and most of the people I grew up knowing. All but 3 of my friends. There is a huge, empty void in my past. Almost like it didn't really exist. My children lost grandparents, cousins, and aunties. I think you can credit scenarios like that, which are a dime a dozen here, for any bitterness you sense.

I personally don't seek out preaching to JW's because I believe that JW's should leave on their own terms when and if they want to. I don't believe it is right to stuff my opinions down anyone else's throat. So I come here and I talk to people who understand what it is like. I answer questions and relate to new ex-JW's who have sought this site out for support. I try to be kind and heartfelt to those who loose everything and everyone they have ever known. I am here to support others without condition, plainly.

So, I explained why I am here. You don't have to attack people for believing differently, nemail... I'll give you space to believe how you wish. I encourage you to do the same for me and the others on the board. If you want to talk rationally, ignore those who aren't having a rational discussion and discuss rationally with those who are. I would love to see more of you and engage in more conversations with you in the future.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

OnTheWayOut: ...There is nothing brave about being here...

You say you have committed no sin according to the bible: are you sure? I suggest you do more research yourself. I tnink the society don't use the internet because it would be hijacked by apostates like in here. Jesus command was to "GO" and make disciples, in other words make an effort, take the initiative. What are you "going" and making disciples? Nothing I reckon.

Even WTS doesn't say that the Bible defines "not making disciples" is a sin.
    But WTS does define continued spiritual discussion with apostates as sin, and they define
    "apostate" to mean what you are accusing me of being.

Therefore, if you are so sure I am a liar or a sinner, you sin (in your own organization's
    definition, not mine) by engaging in discussion here with the likes of me.

But as for me, I will just say- I have committed no sin according to the Bible. And even
    on the "making disciples," I am constantly trying to help people like yourself to them for
    themselves/

• Gopher
    Gopher

Out friend nemail had disputed the point about the Watchtower making a profit from its literature.

One thing is for certain, the Watchtower is not unprofitable. Since it is a privately-held set of corporations, it does not publicly need to disclose financial details.

However, it cannot entirely hide from analysis. An issue of Newsday, reprinted here (http://www.watchtowernews.org/Top40NYCcorps.htm) shows that in 2001, the WT Society of NY was one of the top 40 revenue makers in New York City, raking in $951 million annually at that point.

Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of New York

25 Columbia Heights, Brooklyn, 11201

718-560-5000

www.jw-media.org

Revenue: $951 million

Industry: Publishing

President: Milton Henshel

Employees: 3,415

It takes a lot of printing to supply more than 6 million Jehovah's Witnesses with the materials for their ministry. One publication, Watchtower, now has an average print run of 23 million copies twice per month, an increase of 7.5 percent over last year.

"Our report for the year is different from a Wall Street company," said vice president George Couch. Indeed, the company's employees are volunteers who live and work in the Brooklyn complex.
  • LouBelle
    LouBelle

Marriage after Armegeddon - as far as I remember there wasn't going to be any marrying for the first 1000 year reign as the focus would be on cleaning up the earth, bringing the old prophets up to speed and becoming perfect, however after the second test, when Satan is let loose "new scrolls would be opened". The society isn't sure what will happen as they don't know. I must say though, I don't know if I agree with your thought on inhabiting other planets - that definately is not a doctrine even closely taught - however, again - new scrolls would be opened, so you never know.

HI nemail - I used to be a Jehovahs' Witness for most of my life, but 3 years ago, after much research I got disfellowshipped for apostacy - my elders at the JC committee told me I was turning my back on Jehovah - which is sad because I only disagreed with doctrine - I never turned my back on God. I don't believe they have the truth, but you, as anyone on here is entitled to their own opinion.

Peace.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc
    I have actually found a proper (though not official) JW site, and I can have a serious, sensible discussion there so this will be my last post. I may send a private message to you mr majestic, I found you a good person to discuss things with

No it won't I'm sad to say. People like you are like aggressive cancer, you just keep coming back for more, spewing your pseudo-religious venom, and not facing the real truth about your so-called "truth". You are truly to be pitied.

• tank3r87
    tank3r87

Hey LouBelle, There's book by Paul Arden called "God explained in a taxi ride". its basically his way of seeing god with british humor. Theres a chapter "You can believe in god without being religious" heres what it says. Believing in god does not make you a religious person. It makes you a spiritual person. A religious person is quite different. A religious person is someone who believes in a church, and(religiously) performs the rites and ceremonies laid down by the church. LOL Read it, its really funny(drawings) but yet logical.;)

• JH
    JH

Nemail, I felt the same way back in 1990, when the good news of the kingdom became bad news for me. I wanted to get married one day and have sex, and live normally like everyone else. When they said that the resurrected ones don't get married, I lost my joy very quickly.

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

Once we have shed the flesh we will populate the universe with the patterns of our intelligence. (or lack thereof..)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit