Marriage after Armageddon

by nemail 81 Replies latest social relationships

• nemail
    nemail

It's so amazing the rubbish that people are coming out with! I am new here but it's obvious that most people here are not Witnesses and never have been. They are just here pretending to be one but are really just here to cause trouble.

On the way out: You say that Jehovah will destroy all those who have never even had the chance to know him, not only the adults but also the children. That's outrageous! Nowhere has the society ever said that, EVER!! To say that Jehovah will be unfair and partial in the new order is also a complete insult to our creator!! Would you be happy for example if some people got taste buds but you didn't! Or if people had colored vision but you could only see in black and white! Would you just say "oh well, never mind". I doubt it! You call me ungrateful! Well I reckon your not even a Witness, you seem to have very little knowledge of the creator or the truth!

Mrs Jones: You say that there will be no sex after Armaggedon. Where did you get this from? The society don't say that, never have. Isaiah 65:23 says differently. Nowhere does it say that there will be sexless people forever. Why can't Witnesses acknowledge that we could leave earth? I suggest you read the "Worldwide Security Under The Prince Of Peace" book, page 184, par.10. There the society say themselves that the earth may not be the only planet to be inhabited. There are many WT's and Awake's that say similar.

SB: Jehovah's Witnesses believe that humans have been on earth for 6,000 years. Only evolutionists believe otherwise.

Some people say that Jehovah only instituted marriage so that the earth could be populated. But consider 2 things: 1) If Jehovah only wanted the earth to be populated, why didn't he create 20 billion humans in the very beginning? 2) Witnesses who marry are not required to have children,it's a personal choice. So the society don't preach that marriage is just for the producing children. That's the Catholic church. Adam, Eve and Noah were given the command because there was no-one else, if they didn't, humans would have died off.

I asked a question for JW's, I mistakenly thought that this was a JW forum. It's quite apparent that it isn't. People need to do some research before they start making statements they can't back up. I asked a question and if I'm wrong then so be it. But at least I do research and know what I'm talking about, unlike some (OnTheWayOut).

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hi NEMAIL, I've been enjoying this thread and glad you're still hanging around, asking for answers.

The poster "On The Way Out" still is a JW in good standing. What he said about JW's believing they're the only ones who will be saved has basis in these Watchtower quotes which you can check for yourself:

"Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil." Watchtower 1989 Sep. 1 p.19

"Similarly, Jehovah is using only one organization today to accomplish his will. To receive everlasting life in the earthly Paradise we must identify that organization and serve God as part of it." Watchtower 1983 Feb. 15 p.12

As far as what Mrs. Jones said, I remember studying "The Prince of Peace" book at the Congregation Book Study. I asked our group's conductor about that part you quoted, that the earth may not be the only inhabited planet in the new system. I had the same view you did, that it would mean we could fill the planets in the universe with offspring, not just earth. The conductor (who was also the Presiding Overseer) told me that he thought people would have perfect self-control in the new system, and that once earth was filled procreation would stop. He said Adam and Eve were perfect, and had perfect control -- so they didn't produce offspring while living in the Garden.

So as you see, even among JW's, this is a point where some have one view and others have a more liberal view like yourself. I think Mrs. Jones may have been exposed to the more conservative view during her time in the JW's.

You are right, we need to be sure what we say on here about JW teachings is factual. As I have stated in earlier posts, sometimes this is problematic because the organization keeps introducing 'new light', so various members here may have been exposed to different teachings depending on when they were JW's.

I hope you understand!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    I think Mrs. Jones may have been exposed to the more conservative view during her time in the JW's.

You're quite right Gopher, since my time of exposure to the organisation was from birth in 1965 to the late 80's I think the opinion of limited or the nonexistance of sex after the big A was quite conservative during that time.

Don't assume nemail, you know nothing about me or my jw background. I know more than you think and perhaps more than you about the history of the society.

Josie

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

Dear Nemail: Most of the people here are indeed ex-Jehovahs Witnesses. Most of the people on this discussion board are of the opinion that the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society exists primarily to sell their magazines and books in order to earn a profit. Moreover, we feel that the Witnesses are a destructive, high-control sect that harms its members in many ways. If you want an answer to your question, I'd recommend that you ask the Elders in your congregation. Or you might perhaps write to the Society. But be careful. As many here can attest, people have gotten into trouble for just asking questions. If I were you, I would most definitely NOT let on that I thought that the faithful and discrete slave could possibly be the least bit wrong. That would not be cool. You could get in a lot of trouble for that.

• still_in74
    still_in74
    But there is one thing that I just don't understand. Many JW's believe that people who get resurrected in the New System will not get married. I know through study that the society used to say that but now say it's an "unaswered question". (wt May 15 2005)

Hi Nemail,

I am a JW, (not Ex) I have privileges and give talks, my wife is also a witness. Your question is of interest to me as I have done research on this after I experienced a family tragedy.
    As I last understood it the official teaching was that those resurrected would NOT marry, however I, like you did not tend to feel this was something a loving creator would do and that we could see new light on this. I will look up your cited May 15-05 article as I dont recall that understanding changing - if it has then that is a definitely a checkmark for the society as far as i am concerned.

My view is that Adam was given a partner as it was proper for him to continue alone. I dont see why Jehovah would change his mind on that in the New System.

Admitedly I am on this forum as I have questions the same way you do. Dont take anything said here at face value, do your research, use the Watchtower CD, the library, Wikipedia, You Tube, encyclopedia's. If you disagree with something said, voice your opinion - but be prepared to back it up!Welcome to the forum, please PM me at anytime!

Still....

• nemail
    nemail

Hi gopher! Thanks for your reply. I think "what on the way out" needs to do is some more research. The society say that those being under the protection of Jehovah will survive is true, but to say that God will automatically destroy those who have not had the oppotunity to know him is just completely wrong! The wicked in the bible are called wicked because they have REJECTED Jehovah. You can only reject him if they have had the chance to know him. "On The Way Out" may say he's a Witness but I don't believe him, I've been in the truth 30 years and know that God will give everyone the chance to know him, before or after Armageddon.His lack of knowledge is very evident here, he can't be an active Witness.

I think the elder taking your bookstudy was giving his own opinion about perfect people having self control. Adam and Eve obviously didn't have self control, or else they would have easily rejected Satan's lies in the Garden of Eden and wouldn't have disobeyed God. The reason I asked the original question was that the society are saying that resurrected ones will not marry, single survivors can marry (Aw 6/15 82 p15, pp20, Wt 1967 p.506, Wt 1965 p.657, Wt 1963 p627 among others) and as I mentioned in the "prince of Peace" book, earth may not be all there is.

When I was young, I was very interested in astronomy. I know there are 100 billion stars in this galaxy and over 200 billion galaxies, so there is no way that I can believe that Jehovah is going to limit life to just this tiny speck we call earth.

And as I mentioned in the original entry, there is not enough on earth to satisfy mankind forever. People seem to think that if it's not in the bible then it mustn't happen.

Mrsjones, if you have a long history in the truth then surely you would know of any changes the society have made. You should also know that the society have never said that we will all be "barbie and kens" so to speak. I'd be interested to know where you got that from.

As I said, thank you gopher, you seem to be very sensible (rare in here!). I think a lot of the problem is that people can't get their mind around the concept of eternity. They think have trouble seeing very long term and what will happen in a few hundred thousand years. We as Witnesses should be able to imagine it better.

• still_in74
    still_in74
    Mrsjones, if you have a long history in the truth then surely you would know of any changes the society have made. You should also know that the society have never said that we will all be "barbie and kens" so to speak. I'd be interested to know where you got that from.

actually i thought she was just kidding around......

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    actually i thought she was just kidding around......

I was,,,by relating what I grew up with on the inside of the matrix, the bOrg is one huge joke, bad thing about it is it affects the lives of people that I love. Nemail, whatever...been there done that...have no interest in current light...might get my parents's hopes up and I can't have that can I?

Josie

• Gopher
    Gopher

NEMail,

From the WT quotes I posted earlier on this page, can you see where some people would get the idea that JW's believe they and they alone will make it through Armageddon? These were published in a magazine and placed with millions of people in the 80's, so the Society had to be aware of the impression they were giving. Also, I had heard from some speakers that babies drowned in the flood of Noah's time, and so babies and young children will also be destroyed at Armageddon because they were irresponsibly brought into this world, and would probably follow their parents as 'wicked ones'.

Also, I heard from older ones in the organization that the scripture where Jesus is quoted as saying "You will by no means complete the circuit of the cities of Israel until the Son of man arrives" (Matt. 10:23) to mean that new people are coming of age every day, and would be impossible for Jehovah's Witnesses to reach each one with the message.

So what is the fate of these ones reaching the age of responsibility who didn't get to hear the message? Again, opinions seem to vary -- depending on what you had heard, and when you heard it from the organization. Some remember these articles from the 1980's and say no way can these be saved, because they aren't on the "spiritual ark". Others would say, no -- Jehovah will read hearts of those not reached and preserve them.

My question would then be -- if Jehovah can read hearts and decide whether someone is worthy of death at Armageddon, what would be the purpose of the preaching work being done by the Witnesses now? If people who aren't being preached to can be saved because of a good heart condition, then in reality there's no need to preach to them.

So the fact that the organization keeps the witnessing work going seems to lend credence to the understanding that people who aren't reached with the good news are in mortal danger, and cannot be saved just because of a good heart condition.

What do you think?

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Hi Nemail,

Don’t get put off by folk. You stick to your guns.

Don’t know about everybody else, but if you read the scripture it is not just those resurrected that don’t get married.

Jesus said to them: "The children of this system of things marry and are given in marriage, 35 but those who have been counted worthy of gaining that system of things and the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage.

It also includes those that are "counted worthy". Don’t know what that means but it could be that even if you make it through the big "A" you might not be eligible for marriage. So those that are waiting till that time to get married might not be able to even then. I sure that this has come up on a thread at some point but I used to get really pissed off thinking about this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit