Marriage after Armageddon

by nemail 81 Replies latest social relationships

• nemail
    nemail

I've been a JW all my life and am thoroughly convinced this is the truth. But there is one thing that I just don't understand. Many JW's believe that people who get resurrected in the New System will not get married. I know through study that the society used to say that but now say it's an "unaswered question". (wt May 15 2005) What do you all think? To me it doesn't make sense. First, I have to say I know what the scriptures say.

The reasons why I think it can't be true are these:

1) I don't believe that earth is all Jehovah God has planned for mankind. He has created a neverending universe, and this universe will need to be populated, hence the need for people to be married. Scientists estimate that mankind has learned 3% of what earth has to offer, and thats after 6000 years of human history, so naturally it would take 200,000 years to know everything and as we know thats a long way short of forever. Even 200,000,000 years is nowhere near forever.

2) Either everyone will be married or no-one will, Jehovah won't let some be married and deny others. That's not his way. Can you imagine being in the new system after you have been resurrected and seeing your neighbor married and having the joy of being close with someone they love while you have no-one, having to wake up alone, go to bed alone and never really have anyone special to love. I can't, it just doesn't fit.

Tell me what you think. As I said earlier I know this is the truth and I know that the faithful and discreet slave are not perfect so I don't expect them to get absolutely everything right.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Need more.

• jelcat8224
    jelcat8224

well hello ... ?

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

NEMAIL-----Welcome to the board.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

I think there will be free love.

Just like after one or two of my own personal armageddons.

It was paradise, I tell ya. ;)

Welcome to the board. :)

• nemail
    nemail

What percentage of people here are actually Jehovahs Witnesses and not here to put them down?

• tak
    tak

I am a JW disfellowshipped. I am not here to put anyone down, just the society.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hi NEMAIL, and welcome to the forum. I grew up JW and became a ministerial servant. Although I'm not currently JW, I was a serious student when I was.

I agree with you that the "no marriage for resurrected ones" doctrine doesn't seem right. Maybe that's why the 2005 Watchtower back-pedalled away from it, because of the discomfort amongst the members over the unreasonableness of this doctrine.

I'm glad you asked. That's how this forum even got started, because Simon wanted some questions answered about JW doctrine and he wasn't getting satisfactory answers at his local hall. So he set this up while an active JW, in order to see if other JW's around the world had answers to his questions. That was in the year 2000. The board took off from there.

Here you'll find former and current JW's, along with people whose friends or family are in the JW's and are curious. Most of the skepticism is directed at the WTS leadership and its ever-shifting doctrine, rather than at individual JW's -- amongst whom there are many very kind people. Why the WTS keeps shifting its doctrine is a source of major concern and skepticism. We feel the "new light" doctrine is just a way to cover over old errors.

I hope you keep asking questions, you asked a really good one!

• G Money
    G Money

After Armageddon all genitals will fall off and we will all dress like the publications and listen only to Kingdom Melodies and Phil Collins. Hopefully Chef and Cartman will be there to save us with a potent dose of Rital Out

• nemail
    nemail

Genitals will fall off!! haha! I'm convinced that marriage will continue because this universe needs to be populated, not just earth. In Luke the saducees ask Jesus will this woman BE married in the new system, not will she GET married. Quite different. Death ends marriage, thats why she won't BE married when she is resurrected. Why do people want to put the society down? They aren't perfect,but do people expect them to be? If someone gets disfellowshipped they must have done something wrong that they and they are NOT sorry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit