Marriage after Armageddon

by nemail 81 Replies latest social relationships

• still_in74
    still_in74

My question would then be -- if Jehovah can read hearts and decide whether someone is worthy of death at Armageddon, what would be the purpose of the preaching work being done by the Witnesses now? If people who aren't being preached to can be saved because of a good heart condition, then in reality there's no need to preach to them.

So the fact that the organization keeps the witnessing work going seems to lend credence to the understanding that people who aren't reached with the good news are in mortal danger, and cannot be saved just because of a good heart condition.

Gopher,
    very good point................

• berylblue
    berylblue

You are being greedy as well as unreasonable, my friend. If loving Jehovah with your whole essence isn't enough for you and you feel you need sex as well, you are not serving Jehovah wholeheartedly. Sometimes it's one or the other, not both. When push comes to shove, wouldn't you really rather spend eternity praising Jehovah through playing musical instruments than having amazingly stellar sex with a beautiful, caring, loving partner? And if you play loudly enough, you can drown out the satisfied moans with your tuba. Allow me, please, to use an example the WTS has used in its publications. If you are invited to a dinner, you don't go pester the hostess with details about the menu. It would be considered rude as well as ungrateful. Trust that Jehovah has your best interest at heart, because I'm certain he does. Your independent thinking will get you into a LOT of trouble, dear. I suggest you attend more meetings and spend more time studying the society's publications. But as for me, determined I shall be, to screw eternally....

• berylblue
    berylblue

PS How do I properly format my posts on Firefox? This sucks.

• berylblue
    berylblue

PS In seriousness now, have you never heard of the "community guilt" theory that many Witnesses espouse? Meaning that entire communities can be killed off at Armegeddon because that the majority of the community rejected the witness given, even though certain members of that community never heard the "truth"? If the community/country leaders are the ones who did not allow witnesses to preach, therefore the people never heard the "good news" the entire community will still be killed off because, as a community, they collectively rejected the good news via their leaders? (Never mind that many persons are not able to choose who leads their government). I am attempting to find links as proof but alas, can find none. Trust me - the proof of what I say is out there should you care to look for it.

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

My question would then be -- if Jehovah can read hearts and decide whether someone is worthy of death at Armageddon, what would be the purpose of the preaching work being done by the Witnesses now? If people who aren't being preached to can be saved because of a good heart condition, then in reality there's no need to preach to them.

So the fact that the organization keeps the witnessing work going seems to lend credence to the understanding that people who aren't reached with the good news are in mortal danger, and cannot be saved just because of a good heart condition.

Gopher,
    very good point................

I suppose the point would be, not so much the effectiveness of the preaching work, as it would be evidence that despite all the odds, there would be a people who are being true to Jehovah. The witness would not be what they are saying to the people, or how many hear, as much as what it would be saying to the heavenly court, as in what was happening to Job.

I am sure that is what a JW would tell you…

• nemail
    nemail

What makes you all think that the preaching work is all about those who havn't heard the good news? The preaching work is primarily in place for US to show OUR love, faith and appreciation for Jehovah and Jesus' sacrifice.

Luke 19:40 says that "if these remain silent, the stones would cry out". So when it comes to these countries where the preaching work is banned, what makes you think that Jehovah won't use some other form of medium to warn poeple?

I'm actually quite amazed that there are so many non-witness and apostates giving their opinion after they have rejected Jehovah and his organization! What does it matter to you? If you are so sure that you are right and the society are wrong, why aren't you doing the preaching work as COMMANDED by Jesus? Not one of you has ever come to my door to tell me the "truth". Why don't you go and "make disciples of people of all the nations...teaching them"? (Matt. 28:19,20) You seem quite happy to sit in front of your computers, doing the easy, safe things. Why not go and preach to people if you are so sure? That is your RESPONSIBILITY, is it not?

Many of you claim that you're "so happy the you left the truth". If thats true, why are you spending so much time on this site trying to rpove the society wrong? If you really are happy and contented, leave the organization behind and move on.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Why are you here Nemail when know by the society's dictates that you should not be?

• nemail
    nemail

I came across this site just surfing the web 3 days ago and since it's called Jehovahs Witness.com, I mistakenly thought that there would be JW's on here. That was my misconception, I accept that. I'd didn't realise that this is where non-witness and apostates meet. Actually, the lack of basic knowledge evident here is almost comical! This site really should be called EX-Jehovahs Witness.com. I asked a question in the hope that I could have an educated, reasoned debate with actual real JW's. Obviously there is a lack of those here. I might get lucky one day and be able to chat with an actual, real life Witness here. Who knows?

Why are you here? Don't you have anything better to do than criticize a religion you (according to your profile) havn't been a part of?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    1) I don't believe that earth is all Jehovah God has planned for mankind. He has created a neverending universe, and this universe will need to be populated, hence the need for people to be married.

This is one of the greatest problems that religion spawns in a scientific world. In the past when people weren't too bright, everything could be 'explained' by religion. If all your crops died, or you got sick, or your child was really ugly, all of these things could be explained by religion. But now, most people are better educated, and they know that those things have nothing at all to do with religion. The thing is that many people are also still religious, and this has created a whole branch of pseudo-science that attempts to 'explain' religious beliefs in scientific terms. Back when stupid people thought the Earth was the centre of the universe (notably, because their religous beliefs told them so), no greater purpose was necessary. Now that we know the universe is indeed much bigger, and we're not the center of it, it has given rise to the concept that god 'must' want us to explore it all.

Scientists estimate that mankind has learned 3% of what earth has to offer, and thats after 6000 years of human history, so naturally it would take 200,000 years to know everything and as we know thats a long way short of forever. Even 200,000,000 years is nowhere near forever.

This conclusion is flawed. Even if people have only existed for 6000 years, increase of knowledge is not a linear scale.

2) Either everyone will be married or no-one will, Jehovah won't let some be married and deny others. That's not his way.

Did he tell you that?

Can you imagine being in the new system after you have been resurrected and seeing your neighbor married and having the joy of being close with someone they love while you have no-one, having to wake up alone, go to bed alone and never really have anyone special to love. I can't, it just doesn't fit.

The concept is largely imaginary, but since god is pretty much like a fairy tale fairy godmother, it is as likely as any other religious conclusion that he will make the married people happy and the unmarried people happy. But the JW splinter group, "The Lord's Witnesses" believe that Armageddon is going to happen on March 21, 2008, so maybe you won't have to wait too long to find out. (Yeah, I think they're silly too.)

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Glad you’re back nemail. Thanks for the references BTW.

If I could then I would like to answer, as best I can, some of your points.

The first thing is to do with your amazement about people here "talking about Jehovah and his organisation", why it matters to us, and why are we not preaching as COMMANDED.

Most here have been JW’s. A lot have been hurt in their experiences as JW’s. While in the organisation they were not allowed to express how they feel, or to question any doubts they had. Upon leaving they have sought solace with others in similar situations. Don’t see anything wrong with that myself. They will talk about Jehovah and his organisation because it was a big part of their lives. That is why it is going to matter to them.

To wonder about why people are not "going alone" and doing their own preaching work, who knows what everyone is getting up to here, maybe we might be doing just that…?? Who knows, maybe here on JWD is that "format and medium" that Jehovah is using. It is world wide, although no kingdom has really been talked about since I have been on here admittedly…

Just a thing to consider nemail. "Jehovah and his organisation" (Jehovah’s Witnesses) is in the mind of many JW’s, inseparably linked. I think that most would have thought that here at one time as well. But what are we to do when we see evidence that maybe the organisation is not so linked to Jehovah. What do we do if we see that the organisation shows signs that Jehovah isn’t and never was with them? I’m not talking about things that are written on the internet or in "apostate" books. I mean "Their" (the societies) own literature that is being put around the world.

There are lots of things that we could go into, and I hope that you would be up for an open minded, respectful debate, as I would also hope that others here would be respectful to you also. Nothing ever gets anywhere when people get provoked and start accusing like they do sometimes. I can see why people get heated, but points can be made with dignity and respect. The tone of debate would be a large part with you my friend…

I will PM you with some points about the topic matter of this thread and respond to those references you sent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit