Marriage after Armageddon

by nemail 81 Replies latest social relationships

• nemail
    nemail

Believe me, you lot could never scare me away! The only person I feel worth talking to is mr. majestic, he is the only one who has the guts to back up his thoughts with knowledge and logic. He is the only one I've been able to have a sensible discussion with. I'm really not interested in chatting with people whose only motive is dragging the society and JW's down, which seems to be most of you.

Mrsjones, I'm actually not bothered that you're here, and I'm certainly not trying to make you feel guilty! You post whatever you want! I just wondered what your motives were.

As I mentioned earlier, I mistakenly thought this was a Jehovahs Witness site, I was wrong. To discuss biblical things with the vast majority of you would be a waste, just like it says at Matthew 7:6.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yet you come back...be careful Nemail we know more than you think and oops you might learn something.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Believe me, you lot could never scare me away! The only person I feel worth talking to is mr. majestic, he is the only one who has the guts to back up his thoughts with knowledge and logic. He is the only one I've been able to have a sensible discussion with. I'm really not interested in chatting with people whose only motive is dragging the society and JW's down, which seems to be most of you.

I gave you a perfectly logical response. Unfortunately, logic precluded the intent of your question.

As I mentioned earlier, I mistakenly thought this was a Jehovahs Witness site, I was wrong. To discuss biblical things with the vast majority of you would be a waste, just like it says at Matthew 7:6.

That is laughable. There are many on this site who have demonstrated much better bible knowledge than any JW I've ever met. But if you think it's a waste of your time, there's a little X up in the corner of the window that you can click any time you like.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

By default, if you doubt any of what they tell you, you must also be at liberty to question the whole!

But to do so would be against their god so - no can do! Which about sums up JW mind control!

When you marry the WT you do as she says!

• nemail
    nemail

One great example of your reasoning is the fact that so many of you say that because the society change their viewpoint on things over time the they must not have Jehovah's backing. But consider this: many of Jehovah's servants in the past have had His backing but have sinned or done or said things wrong. 1) Moses had Jehovah's backing but sinned against God. Numbers 20:10-12. 2) David had Jehovah's backing and blessing but committed immorality. 1 Samuel 16 11-13, 2 Samuel 11:2-27. 3) Solomon had Jehovah's backing to extent that God made him the wisest and richest man on earth but he too sinned. 1 Kings 3:10-14, 1 Kings 11:1-6. 4) The apostle Peter denied knowing Jesus 3 times even after he was warned that he would but Jesus still gave him the keys to the Kingdom. Matthew 16:13-19. The point is that just because you make a mistake, whether something is done or said wrong, it doesn't mean that you don't have Jehovah's backing. How about that, maybe we can ALL learn something!

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

And a good thing to do when one sins is to admit that they are mistaken and show humility - something the society never does.

• still_in74
    still_in74
    1) Moses had Jehovah's backing but sinned against God. Numbers 20:10-12. 2) David had Jehovah's backing and blessing but committed immorality. 1 Samuel 16 11-13, 2 Samuel 11:2-27. 3) Solomon had Jehovah's backing to extent that God made him the wisest and richest man on earth but he too sinned. 1 Kings 3:10-14, 1 Kings 11:1-6. 4) The apostle Peter denied knowing Jesus 3 times even after he was warned that he would but Jesus still gave him the keys to the Kingdom. Matthew 16:13-19. The point is that just because you make a mistake, whether something is done or said wrong, it doesn't mean that you don't have Jehovah's backing. How about that, maybe we can ALL learn something!

Yes nemail, you are right. However..........

And a good thing to do when one sins is to admit that they are mistaken and show humility - something the society never does.

Princess is also right. In each of the cases you sited there was a sinning against Jehovah by his servants. None of these sins however necessitated the application of

(Deuteronomy 18:20-22) 20 "‘However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. 21 And in case you should say in your heart: "How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?" 22 when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him.’

Despite the WTS claims that it does not speak as a prophet it has indeed made this claim in the past and refuses to admit it as a result of this scriptural application. If you would like WT article snippets to prove this I or someone else reading this can post these here.
    The WTS continues to profess its "guidance" by Holy Spirit as Jeh.'s only channel of truth. Unfortunately the long history of "mistakes" or "sins" as you pointed out, cannot be the misleading of the Holy Spirit. This is where we are forced to recognize that at least some of the direction of the WTS is not from God but rather of "fleshly reasoning". However, we see that the most critical teachings of the WTS are the ones that conitinually change. If the most central teachings of the WTS are fleshly, than how can one justify the role of the Holy Spirit in guiding it?
    Does the Holy Spirit teach "milk"? Of course not, but it would appear that only the "milk" of the "truth" has remained at least partially intact. The meat has been butchered. Nemail, we were all in your position at one time. And all of us here need to remember that too ! Don't take offence, just remember that some people here have been really hurt in the past. Most here are good people, people at one time you may have called your brother/sister/friend. Keep doing what you are doing and applying 1 John 4:1 Still..........

• Jenlet
    Jenlet

"The point is that just because you make a mistake ... it doesn't mean that you don't have Jehovah's backing."

I wonder how we can differentiate between religions, then, since they all make mistakes.

Why is it that mistakes made by the Watchtower leadership are evidence of human fallibility, but mistakes made by other religions are evidence that Satan is using them?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

So far, I only read up to this post:

Hi gopher! Thanks for your reply. I think "what on the way out" needs to do is some more research. The society say that those being under the protection of Jehovah will survive is true, but to say that God will automatically destroy those who have not had the oppotunity to know him is just completely wrong! The wicked in the bible are called wicked because they have REJECTED Jehovah. You can only reject him if they have had the chance to know him. "On The Way Out" may say he's a Witness but I don't believe him, I've been in the truth 30 years and know that God will give everyone the chance to know him, before or after Armageddon.His lack of knowledge is very evident here, he can't be an active Witness.

Gopher did a great job of pointing out WT literature that explains my view. I have been a JW for 20 years
    and an elder for 12 of them. I resigned as an elder, but I am still a JW in good standing. I cannot imagine
    a JW with 30 years in that doesn't understand their teaching on who is destroyed at Armageddon.

I don't need quotes, and neither do you. WTS teaches that those that died before Armageddon have a
    chance at a resurrection, whether they knew Jehovah or not. But Armageddon itself- that's a final judgement
    and those who are destroyed will not have a resurrection hope. Gopher's quotes and the general ideas
    promoted within the organization teach all the members that you need to be IN the Watchtower organization
    to maximize your possibility of survival. They no longer directly say that others cannot survive, but they
    certainly did say that in most of your 30 years. They still give that impression, if not directly saying it.

Some JW's think that a huge release of spiritual information will come about before the Great Tribulation is
    finished, and it will be clear to all people what they should do. They should choose to serve Jesus and Jehovah.
    If Armageddon is so hard to survive, and you must choose to serve Jesus and Jehovah, but all will have a
    chance to survive, what's the point of the preaching work? It increases the odds that people will become
    JW and hence survive. Look up "community responsibility." If you cannot discover what they say, then I
    can accuse you of pretending to be a JW. You should know how to do research before you speak (or type)
    off the top of your head. When you look that up, see if all people will be given a chance to know the truth
    before their own destruction, or if some won't.

but to say that God will automatically destroy those who have not had the oppotunity to know him is just completely wrong! The wicked in the bible are called wicked because they have REJECTED Jehovah. You can only reject him if they have had the chance to know him.

Think about the days of Noah. Your precious WTS teaches you that Noah was a preacher of righteousness,
    and they lead you to believe that all of mankind had the opportunity to get on the ark. The Bible doesn't say
    that at all. It does say he was that preacher of righteousness, but never explains that it means he searched
    far and wide to warn all people of the inevitable flood. Even if he actually did go to "everyone," he must have
    been in a hurry. He would have reached some people on the edge of the populated area (we are assuming
    humanity has not spread that far from a nucleus) and had to get back to ark building, so they would have
    had to take his WT magazine that day and accept "the truth" then and there.

(Okay, it's not fair to say "his WT magazine." But he didn't even have a Bible. They would have to take the
    word of this guy that they didn't even know. They would have had to join him the same day, or they would
    have had to think about what he said without further benefit from God or Noah, and find the ark before the
    door closed.)

NO- the above didn't happen. God decided to wipe out the earth and only save Noah and his family.
    That's what the Bible teaches, and that's what JW's teach about Armageddon. Officially, they cannot say
    that John Smith is going to be destroyed, but they do say that you need to be in the modern "ark" of the
    WT organization.

His (OnTheWayOut's) lack of knowledge is very evident here, he can't be an active Witness.

I don't have a problem with your lack of depth in what WT says. They are very confusing. I don't have
    a problem with you arguing or debating this point, and even dismissing what I said (as I am sure you will).
    I do have a problem with the insult above and your typical JW judgementalism. It is clear to me that
    you are an active Witness, you remain ignorant as many do, you only know how to answer from the
    paragraph at the WT study but you think you put it in your own words because you restate the thought
    with slightly altered English. Stop looking at the straw in my eye, BROTHER (I shuddered when I typed
    that.) If you learn to stop judging me, I might forgive your ignorance and become your friend. We all were
    ignorant once.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    If you are so sure that you are right and the society are wrong, why aren't you doing the preaching work as COMMANDED by Jesus? Not one of you has ever come to my door to tell me the "truth". Why don't you go and "make disciples of people of all the nations...teaching them"? (Matt. 28:19,20) You seem quite happy to sit in front of your computers, doing the easy, safe things. Why not go and preach to people if you are so sure? That is your RESPONSIBILITY, is it not?

You cannot find a scripture that says Jesus did a door-to-door (or house-to-house) ministry.
    The scriptures where NWT says "house-to-house" are poor translations. The actual meaning
    of those scriptures is "in private home." What it means is that the disciples preaching PUBLICLY
    (in the marketplace and the temple) and PRIVATELY (at homes used for meetings) to those
    that already welcomed the disciples (similarly to the bookstudy being held in private homes).

The Bible doesn't condemn the door-to-door work, but many JW's think it is absolutely necessary
    to be in line with Christ's teachings. Well, Christ didn't teach it. Christ didn't COMMAND it. (Your word)
    It is allowed, but it is not reaching people effectively. If the WTS wanted to obey the command to
    make disciples of people of all the nations, they would use the internet and/or other modern telecomunications
    effectively. Perhaps, they would have some kind of aid work to attract people, similar to the missionary
    work that made "Rice Christians" (look it up). They wouldn't just peddle the books and mags.

You say that the primary purpose of the preaching work is for the Christian to show his faith to Jehovah.
    That is not what you are taught at WTS meetings. You are taught that this is an all-important preaching
    and warning work to aid people to come to an accurate understanding [of the WTS's current truths].

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit