Who is God?

by real one 72 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

what is god? wishful thinking. the desire to have everlasting life personified. a hypothesis to explain tragic events. Myth. The desire to have someone/something solve our problems for us. Escapism.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

God is the Baghead that promises great things and boasts about Himself as being super-grand, then dashes all hope. He does not even attempt to live up to any of the grand claims (in fact, He goes out of His way to make sure none of the promised good ever comes in my life, blocking Satan's attempts to enrich my life). Yet, He still expects me to act as if all the promised things were happening, and that He is the kind of God He claims to be instead of what He actually is.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I agree with both Hortensia and Wt wizard about what God is not. That is why I define him as the universe. It doesn't care, it just is. It's just a crap shoot. If you've won the genetic lottery, or were born with a million dollars in your foreskin, then God might seem to have blessed you. No need for further research.

We are all left wanting and wishing answers, and he never gives them, except that which is before us, and is us. This we must deal with. The cold hard reality of what we see, regardless of what we desire it to be. We must accept the universe as it is, and stop making up fairy tales. This is the only true way to progress beyond what we are. When we realize that all that is makes up the consciousness of God.

The idea of a supreme being wanting us to worship him is so juvenile, it has to have come from a human mind. Do you really think God is crying over us and he has to play these silly games to get our attention? Why would an omnipotent being, create something from himself and ask for it to worship him? It is ridiculous for two reasons. Why would someone omnipotent need this? and..... if all was made from his being in converting energy to mass, it like asking himself to kiss his own ass.

Do you know what worship is? Kissing ass to something that never reveals itself, never does anything for anybody, kills those who disagree with him, doesn't protect those that do kiss his ass. It's so disgusting and unloving, I refuse to do it. That is not a relationship, it is a construct of the human egotists mind for means of controling suceptable halfwits.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Real 1 did you give up? What's wrong? Not what you wanted to hear? Are you weighing in for a comeback, or have we all been condemed to a firy hell? It is your God given duty to save us as a Christian who knows better than we do. Forget about all the evidence and science that speaks volumes, we need your salvation and you are failing tremendously. I sure hope you don't end up in hell like I will. I don't think you will though. We are just not as blessed as you are.

I know you would like to take us on your ground, which is the bible, but do you not realize we wern't born yesterday? I grew up with the bible as a witness and veiwed it as a Christian too. It was a very big letdown. I need real answers dude! Answers that can be scientifically proven. Why should I ask for any less if it was your God who gave me the inquiring mind to ask the questions in the first place? If I didn't veiw God with the intelligence he gave me, then I would be doing him a huge dis service.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

For me: God is everything that is and everything that is not.

• JAVA
    JAVA

The answer to the question: "God" is the word used for what is not known by people who need an answer.

"Those who know that they don't know, knows." Please note, that doesn't mean there is no God. It means when you don't know something you don't go around putting "God" into all the unknowns. If there is a God behind all of the unknown then He/She is very smart and doesn't need to play hide-n-seek with the fish tank.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

silence from real one?

For you, real one, in case you're concerned by the ideas of God posted here, as far as I can remember you believe that Jesus is part of the Godhead. This is a scripture from Colossians which backs the belief of God as being everything/in everything:

15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

so don't worry, our concepts maybe aren't that far away from the truth!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Good Orderly Direction

He's different things to different people.

To the evolutionary atheist, God is the believers immaginary friend.

To the believer God is so many different things that the answer is a case by case individual matter.

No one really knows the answer in this life time. And the wise man will avoid those who claim to know who God is like the plauge.

God please save me from your followers.

Maybe there is no God.

And maybe we are God.

Theres no certain answers on this side.

• Gotchaby
    Gotchaby

Okay, I volunteer!

Hi! I'm new here.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Welcome aboard, Gotchaby.

Okay, I volunteer!