Who is God?

by real one 72 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

Being someone who has a very good grasp to baiting, as I fish. Let me explain what baiting for a preaching is. It is when someone makes a comment in which they ask a question, but at the same time they lace the question with comments that show they possess knowledge they want to share. So they say something like "unrealistic" and thus imply they have the realistic view. Also things like "Some of you" in that they have either spoken too or communicated with others with their "extreme" or "acceptable" personal view. Now a real question with no baiting would be something like this.

"I believe in God, and see him/her as the following .... Blah blah blah. What I have noticed is that some of you see things different then I, and I would like to have you share those thoughts if you are so willing."

To state the original comment in this thread, you can see someone who is filled with pride and lacks humility. Might want to enter politics!

Anyway, ... God is a title man gave to the life energy and all the things they could not explain while evolving as a culture. As science explained away several items, once attributed to God, God became less powerful of an image. While life energy, or Spirit, remains a mystery to some and to others it is explained by science too. The level to which one sees the Spirit, is the level to which they see their God. Yet what ever you label it, God, Goddess, Jesus, Buddha or any number of names throughout this human existence. It remains the same thing, life Spirit and the energy that gives life. What is unrealistic, is to try and centralize something that shows so much variety in to one nice neat little package you can preach about and be arrogant about. Yet, as you can see in this question ... plenty of room to do that in this world.

Blessed be!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    Some on the forum might not know that Trevor wrote an interesting book, "Opening the Door to Jehovah's Witnesses." I'm not sure if it's still in print, but it was published in the UK in 2001

Just reprinted? The cover on Lulu isn't the same as the original cover and trevor's copyright is for 2007. Available to purchase as an e-book or a hands-on copy!

http://www.lulu.com/content/196558

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

God is in the complacent human imagination and desire of whoever wants him to exist

God is also perceived power and dominance and it is for that reason why so many men try to attach themselves to him

in an effort to increase their own power and dominance ie. religion

• trevor
    trevor

Thanks JAVA & Sad Emo for highlighting the book. It has had a very positive effect in the UK.

A number of Bible studies have been stopped as a result of its publication. Announcements have been made from platforms warning members about the book. It makes no profit but it has been a worthwhile exercise.

Anyway back to the question again. Are we all agreed on Who God Is?

• White Dove
    White Dove

I am my own goddess and my gut feeling on things is my god. Our consciences are almost never wrong. It keeps us out of trouble. I know right away if I'm doing the right thing or the wrong thing because I actually listen to that little voice in my head (cartoons depict her as being an angel on the shoulder.). That really is good enough for me.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Free to be me,

Blessed be to you! Well said!

In perfect love and perfect trust, Chenoa

• White Dove
    White Dove

My response was from the who's supposed to boss me around angle. The other angle is from a worship one: Science has proven that there is energy that gives life by sharing energy. The energy of the cosmos and therefore the earth too is my god, gods, and goddesses. I honor all nature for nurturing me and giving me life. That is what we all can be sure of, that energy gave us life and that the cosmos nurtures us and keeps us alive. As for it being a controlling, bossy energy, NO. I have my gut feelings for that. I believe that is how the energy and/or masters of such energy is teaching us. We are learning how to live by life lessons. Buddha is cool, too: Whatever it is that you do, do it completely and well. That is an important life lesson. I invoke/evoke my goddesses and gods whenever I need them. It focuses my attention where it's needed to get something done or experience success.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I believe that all of us are divine as we are all made up of the same kind of energy as that which move the planets. God is all and within all. As above (cosmos) so below (atoms).

• Gotchaby
  • Gotchaby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit