Getting the forum back on track

by Simon 147 Replies latest forum announcements

• Open mind
    Open mind

Anyone who's read here for very long has seen plenty of "I'm Outa Here, Goodbye!" threads.

I'm very grateful that Simon has never given in to that temptation.

Thank you, Simon, so VERY MUCH for keeping the asylum running.

Open Mind

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Surely if it's not to do with JW's or their influence on your life or that of others, why post it on this board?

Well, because there's a need for balance here. We have the following sub-forums for non-JW related posts: adult & heated debate , politics, jokes and humor, entertainment, current affairs, physical activities, family, and relationships.

Simon set up the board to allow room for those kind of things, and I think it's balanced. We former JW's (and others who have chosen to post on this board) have other interests besides the religion, and it's nice to have a place to go talk about those things with nice people here.

If you want to see only JW-related posts, then I'd suggest you go directly to those sub-forums rather than clicking on "all active" topics.

• Priest73
    Priest73

Regarding the Fluff threads... Keep in mind people 'heal' in different ways.

Sometimes 'Fluff' is a way to say "Hey! I'm here!" and have a voice, and feel a connection with people of similar circumstance.

Sorry to all those who don't like my twaddle.

• Maddie
    Maddie

Thank you Simon. I for one am very relieved to here this as I must confess I was very unsettled recently, even though I didn't get involved with any of it.

Maddie

• yesidid
    yesidid

Thank you Gopher, what you say below actually makes a lot of sense.

Well, because there's a need for balance here. We have the following sub-forums for non-JW related posts: adult & heated debate , politics, jokes and humor, entertainment, current affairs, physical activities, family, and relationships.

Simon set up the board to allow room for those kind of things, and I think it's balanced. We former JW's (and others who have chosen to post on this board) have other interests besides the religion, and it's nice to have a place to go talk about those things with nice people here.

And this bit is very good advice. I might just take it.

If you want to see only JW-related posts, then I'd suggest you go directly to those sub-forums rather than clicking on "all active" topics.

Thank you again.

BTW I think your posts are very balanced. That's probably because I generally agree with them.

yesidid

• moshe
    moshe

Good ideas all, Simon. I ignore most of these threads with personal "drama". . I sure wish Johnny Cip could start a thread- it would be all JW related for sure.

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

yeah I usually avoid the drama threads as well..thank god!!! But I think it{s a great idea about not allowing any money donations and asking for money on the forum. While there are probably genuine needs out there, There are alot of people on this forum who could be taken advantage of.....It{s really a protection for them. If you need help, don{t ask on the net..I think that{s a bit tacky myself.....

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Sorry to all those who don't like my twaddle.

Priest: I find your twaddle to be the filet mignon of twaddle.

• BFD
    BFD

I agree wholeheartedly with moshe and void eater.

BFD

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Thank you Simon!

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit