Yesterday my father informed me that he will shun me...

by nvrgnbk 83 Replies latest jw friends

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Nate - A very wise man posted this a few days ago, I thought it might help.

When it hurts, look at the pain and soothe it, take care of it, talk to it, embrace it.
    It will shrink and wither when you attend to it.
    Ignore it and it will eventually consume you and those in your circle.

Love ya ~Robin

• freydi
    freydi

PS 27:10 "When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up."

You know, the dubs love to quote this when a dub is shunned for becoming a dub,
    but not once did it ever occur to me that it might also apply to those df'd by mom.

• erynw
    erynw

I'm thinkming about you friend.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I actually lucked out, since my mom and sister are also dfed, and my dad is inactive....so they all talk to me. My brother does also. But the rest of my large family....aunts, uncles, cousins.........nope, cut me off. Nothing I can do about it, so I just go on with my life! Hopefully, someday they will open their eyes, and see its not the christian thing to do! I know you werent looking for sorry's, but I'll give ya one anyway!

• golf2
    golf2

Amazing how people are. My mom has never shunned me, NEVER!!!!

Golf

• Tatiana
    Tatiana
    Amazing how people are. My mom has never shunned me, NEVER!!!!

Golf

My mom hasn't spoken to me OR my kids in 14 years. So much for all the unity they preach about.

• Lou_Cypher
    Lou_Cypher

I can still hear my fathers words : "if any of my sons or daughters fail Jehovah, mine is the first knife for his throat"... I remember my kid sister running away from home because she was too scared to tell dad she had committed a sin... As an elder I could never reconcile such harsh words with the 'heavenly' love of JesusChrist and tried to be the kind of elder that really cared.. only to find that the only love that exists in that sect or cult is the love of appearances... and that if you dare disagree you will be expelled and shun from everything you've ever known as family and friends...

I have (or maybe I dont) a brother who is still an elder... I dont know where he lives because he moved and never gave me his address.. I wonder what would happen if there was an emergency... this is the same brother (and I mean brother as sibling) that after being expelled and being shun by my ex-wife and having no place to go, told to get out of the house because it was affecting my parents status in the congregation... we almost got into a physical fight over it... eventually I left my parents house so everyone could be happy....

Many years have passed and I know for a fact that my father has regretted uttering those words... actually I reminded him once while I received a lashing (words) for not wanting to submit and be humble and return to the 'ark' (BARF!!!) ... he just lowered his head...

So my friend this is the price of freedom and real truth... get used to it... It took me a long long time to realize that they are victims... willing but victims of a vicious and cruel brainwash...

Hang in the... the 'world' is not as bad as they paint it... and you will find friends and family in new places...

• journey-on
    journey-on

Don't mean to change the subject, but this really is an issue. Some are shunned to the max and others not at all.

My mother did not shun my brothers (just briefly initially after their df.) She always said she did not think Jehovah

required such an unnatural thing from a parent. She took it to Jehovah in prayer and she was never counselled about it.

My father even served as an elder sometime later, so no big deal was made about it.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Nvrgnbk:

"his relationship with God is more important to him than any human relationship.

May Jehovah wipe his ass and his chin when he loses control of his bodily functions."

That says it all. Did you tell him that in so many words?

• delilah
    delilah

Hey Nvr............. My mom shunned me when I was df'd, but since my brother Da'd himself, she has never shunned him. My husband is df'd, but she still talks to him when they come to town......go figure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit