Yesterday my father informed me that he will shun me...

by nvrgnbk 83 Replies latest jw friends

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass
    To no longer live for his approval was liberating, but this is even better.

Congratulations! And now to start living...

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

We often don't realise some whose parents were often out of reach. Didn't realise the Beatles John and Paul both lost mothers in their teens! (Doh =too much brain dead mind control of a life I lived already)

It's much harder than death though when they are alive and it feels like they are playing dead because it leaves you in an uncertain kind of limbo as opposed to just limbo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85rPsIEHkyU

• jgnat
    jgnat

I have to day you dad has some way with words. I see where you get your eloquence from. Remember, there are two men trapped in your dad's body. The external man has rehearsed all the "right" answers. You know them, they are right there in the Watchtower materials, down to chapter and verse. The other, sublimated, is the natural man. Knowing what you are like, I am sure that natural man is worth knowing and loving.

Maybe one day your dad will get tired of toeing the line. Maybe one day he will say, "The heck with it, I want to know my son."

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Nate,

My heart goes out to you. I had a lot of erudite wisdom to offer you when I first started reading this thread, but others have said it better than I could have

I just want to offer you my UNCONDITIONAL LOVE and you said you "were not looking for hugs" but I just want to offer it to you anyway.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

No one ever gets enough hugs.

Love and hugs,

Gramma Velta

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit