Yesterday my father informed me that he will shun me...

by nvrgnbk 83 Replies latest jw friends

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

May Jehovah wipe his ass and his chin when he loses control of his bodily functions.

Hey Nvrgnbk! I love your sense of humor even when faced with a situation as sad and disheartening as this one.

I know you know that Sweetstuff is right....and I also know that you're the kind of guy who would be doing that anyway when the time came.

You are A-1 in my books, and remain an inspiration to me.

May peace be with you, friend.

The Oracle

• uninformed
    uninformed

Nate,

Sorry for your situation, but I really believe your reaction and what you told him will help him.

Forgive him, "He knows not what he does"-----

Brant

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

I´m so sorry things turned out like that. Even though we all know how things will turn out before we talk about what we really think with family members there is always this little shred of hope that they will actually reason, or at least respect our beliefs and say "well hon, i don´t really think the same way you do, but I love you anyway".....

yeah what a jip!!!!

by the way I am having some strained relations as well with my mom...I´m sure it won´t be long before I´ll be posting some sort of "interventon" famly scene I´ve been visualizing in my head for a while...Like i walk into my mom´s house and conveniently all my family is there..the door locks behind me and my older brother says "mentalclearness, we want to alk to you about something..sit down"...and the showdown begins..Nice bright happy thought about the future..ha!!!

• minimus
    minimus

Isn't it unbelievable that they can flip a switch, just like that!

Nate, can you get emotional over what a robot does? Even if the robot happens to be your father??

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Nvr, your father--well, he his a sad and pathetic man. Fortunately you do not take after him. What he did was crappy. I'm glad you have clarity-you won't be having to play some game with him and wondering how he is going to treat you. You have a friend in me-

Shelly

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

It is what it is, and now you know.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Hey nvr

I'm so sorry - can relate to your situation.

ql

• Open mind
    Open mind
    "Unconditional love is a lie."

He's got a point there, but, as usual, it has the sick JW twist to it.

If my kids were to become child-molesting, drug-dealing, gang-banging, menaces to society I'd still love them, but I would have to keep them out of my life. Out of a need for self-preservation if nothing else.

The only difference in the typical ultra-loyal JW parent's eyes is you've even gone one step lower than what I described above by turning your back on Jehover.

It all makes perfect sense when you wear the WT sunglasses and start each day with a Kool-Aid cocktail.

I'm very sorry to hear this news Nate. Feel free to contact me any time bro.

Open Mind

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Nvrgnbk..If thats how he feels,your better off without him..My own parents were no end of trouble..Constantly interfering with my family and marriage with their self righteous Cult beliefs..Finally I put them both out of my life.........It`s been decades..I don`t miss them.........................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• blondie
    blondie

I take it you are inactive...............then it is his personal judgment of you...........jws are so proud of outwardly saying they don't judge others.

Just be as kind as you can to him and let it go. I was "df'd" by some of my jw family when I was an elder's wife and in good standing...I guess I measured up to God's standards but not theirs.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit