My story: "Pop!" goes the Little Circuit Breaker

by TJ - iAmCleared2Land 115 Replies latest jw friends

• JK666
    JK666

TJ,

Thank you again for your posts. I have empathy for you, I too had a horrible childhood. Parts of it I have mentally blocked out, only through talking to my sister has some of it come back. Your posts help too.

JK

• NoLoveLost
    NoLoveLost

TJ My heart aches, aches, aches for you. The emotional torture you went through is very similar to what my partner and his siblings went through as children and we have spent many a night in tears as he works past those demons. I wish peace for you...NoLoveLost

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Gosh, I can't even believe I grew up in the same STATE as you did. I was reading your story and I thought to myself, wow, I didn't know anyone with a family like that" and then I realized, when I was growing up, what would I even KNOW? And when I grew up, I found out all kinds of things about a few of our upstanding families and obviously, it wasn't any kind of perfect. I wondered if I might actually have KNOWN your family. Heck, I have some nutty relatives, your folks could be related!(Not one kid in my generation is a JW. There were originally over a dozen of my moms generation in the cult, and there were some doozies.)

Your story is heartbreaking, but I'm glad you got kicked out-now you can make your escape. I, too, am riveted.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Sad, so very sad....if you ever feel a need to just talk let me know...you've come to a great place for sharing your story,,,lots of caring people can be found here...

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

and this is why kids kill their parents. actually in your case, the punishment for murder would have been a blessing. three hot meals and a place to sleep.

again, thanks for sharing.

lisa

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Dear TJ:

I'm not very eloquent, I don't think there is anything I can say to let you know the sincerity in my heart when I say How Sorry I am for your pain. What you have endured.........really it makes me so sad to know that there are people in the world that do that to kids - your poor poor little heart and spirit must have been broken so many times.

It's not very often that experiences move me to tears, but you write with such raw honesty, I'm sobbing.

Yours in peace and love

Louise

• uninformed
    uninformed

Your story is shocking.

Our hearts go out to you.

Brant and Karen

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

If I didn't know how demonic those in the organization can be when they're being faithful to jehovah I wouldn't believe your story. I sure hope you're at a better place in your life right now. I look forward to the next installment. ((((((((((((TJ))))))))))))

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

I wish that you were just joking and that you really had a wonderful childhood.

Your story is truly heartbreaking and I hope through the telling of it you heal some.

Hugs,

Sheri

• Gopher
    Gopher

TJ,

My heart aches for you and your siblings. Thanks for telling this account, and you do so in such an accessible manner so that there can be no doubt about what evil lurks in the hearts and minds of too many "model" JW parents. The account of the time when your dad whipped you with such anger and hatred is frightening to read.

I now appreciate my JW parents a little more, because they didn't go to extremes when I was young (although they shun me now).

This is one of the most meaningful threads I've seen in helping expose the bankruptcy of the JW's and their family life. Every JW family (including mine) had some dysfunction, yours is an extreme example. No wonder so many JW kids leave the organization when they get older. (Hey Watchtower lurkers -- quit acting like this phenomenon of young people leaving your organization is such a mystery.) They see that JW's can talk a good game about love but it doesn't translate into real-life loving relationships. Like the Bible said, bad trees bear bad fruit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit