My story: "Pop!" goes the Little Circuit Breaker

by TJ - iAmCleared2Land 115 Replies latest jw friends

• GoddessRachel
  • TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

If you were intrigued by my story, my brother, Jonathan, just re-opened his previously closed blog, which covers his departure from the JW's, the way he and his wife almost lost their son over the blood issue, more of our family history, and the Judicial proceedings with "Dad", which he was witness to.

http://jonathanwhistman.spaces.live.com/

I also just found this old JWD link, which I had not seen before today... I got goose bumps seeing that Roy and Holly were referred to as "Monsters" there, too...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/8/108362/1.ashx

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

While cleaning up my computer today, I found a text file created on 11/13/2005... since the file was simply named with Dad-Monster's name.txt, I was curious what it contained. Opening it, I found it contained the raw notes I typed while I talked on the phone with one of the elders that had been on his committee. He had called me to tell me the result of the appeal committee. Here's the notes, unedited (except that I changed the elder's name to "Jim" to protect his identity. Comments will follow, later:

Society never saw or read the letters us kids wrote to the original committee; Legal said they didn't need to see them.

Never seen an appeal committee run this way before--all 3 elders from same hall, all knew Dad.

Dad didn't last the 24 hours Jim gave him, was right that he'd move halls--Dad announced he's moving to Sunset Cong.

Jim said that the Society knows Dad is "lawsuit happy" and looking for a free ride--feels that the monetary impact of a lawsuit for DFing him on a matter they couldn't prove beyond the shadow of a doubt may have had an impact on the decision that was ultimately reached. Shook Jim's faith a bit too, but knows he has to trust that Jehovah will eventually make matters come to full completion--could be more involved than just Dad (these other elders?) that needs to come to light.

Grieved over what us kids have been going through--literal pain.

Never seen somebody so haughty, wicked, evil than Dad... arrogant attitude about everything, "how dare you do this to me".

Not reproved in any way. No restrictions.

I find it interesting that we heard that "Jim" had stepped aside as an elder after all this... I presume it was directly related to the disillusionment he experienced on this case.

TJ

• heyfea
    heyfea

TJ my heart goes out to you and your siblings. I know personally what sexual abuse is, by a family member, not by my parents, but by my own brother. I kept the abuse to myself into my adulthood. Now I realize how it has affected me to the point sometimes I believe I am not normal, sort of like, I've never grew up. I never had the childhood that I should have had. The sad thing is that I've never showed on the outside how messed up I was. My parents never picked up on it. Thus, I never had their protection, forget about Jehovah. I bet today there are millions of kids in the world who are praying to God also. And I bet there are millions of adults like yourself and myself. You should write a book not only because of your physical, emotional abuse you've experienced by your so called "parents", but also because your had double the abuse, you were part of the ridiculous borg. Me too, but I'm not good at writing. Another true story I read which broke me to tears (I was sobbing in the train), was "A Child Called It", by Dave Pelzer. He was abused by his own mother in a way I would NEVER comprehend. I wish one day we can get all the answers. My love to you.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I confess I'd avoided this thread because of what it might remind me of, but have now just read it from start to finish.

There aren't any words.

Just love from one survivor to another

• Quandry
    Quandry

TJ

I'd hug you if I could. I just wanted you to know that I, too, read every word of your story. It, and you, are important.

You deserve a wonderful future. I am glad you now have a loving family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit