You Who Have Been on the Board For Awhile - What Are your Concerns ?

by flipper 176 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

I am not DF, have no intention of DA, and do not view myself as a Fader. My baptismal vows were made to the Creator based on universal truths recorded in the Hebrew/Aramaic Scriptures and not to any Organisation. So, when or who I choose to engage with, as regards my spiritual need (based on truth) has always being a matter for me and not the decision of any man.

Thanks for your welcome

ALIBOY!!!!!! I love you LOTS already!!!!! I think your alright. ((((((BIG HUGS)))

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Hi Aliboy, welcome to the forum. From my point of view, I'm not interested in learning anything more about any kind of scriptures. Been there, done that. However, I think the historical background would be really interesting as long as no one expects me to believe any scriptures you care to name are inspired by god and represent his/her/its views and principles. But anyone who actually uses "viz." in a post has got to be an interesting person with a lot of information. Share with us some of the background you are talking about.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle
    as regards my spiritual need (based on truth) has always being a matter for me and not the decision of any man.

HI Aliboy - welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I totally agree with what you said here - my sentiments exactly - as only you know what you need spiritually & no one but you and your God can provide it.

Hope you stay.

• Mincan
    Mincan

Mr. Flipper I think some of the folks on here have to remove their panties from inside their anus orifices, and loosen up all over a bit ya know what I'm saying yo? some of them can be real assholes and bitches and idiots.

• Dansk
    Dansk

I don't have any concerns for JWD. It is noticeable that many more newbies are posting these days, which is good, and I remind myself that I was in their shoes once. Fact is, I've been thinking about this a lot of late. JWD really helped me when I first came here and continued to do so for the past three years, but now I feel it's time to move on again, which is why I don't post as often. It is evident that so many of the 'old timers' who greeted me when I first arrived have disappeared and the forum just isn't the same anymore. This isn't to say it's worse, just not the same, because many of the newbies of two years ago are now the oldies of today.

Many (most?) of the questions presented have been answered way back but, obviously, newer ones will still ask them not knowing the answers are in the archives. But that's the way such forums go because the situations we 'older' ones found ourselves in through Watchtower are often the situations which still arise because Watchtower is still spewing out lies and flip-flopping over the best way to keep its members in check.

I don't really feel I have anything else to contribute to JWD - not that I contributed much anyway. Perhaps it's age. I'm just not drawn to it as much as previous.

Happily, JWism really has no effect on my life anymore, even though I still have a daughter in the org who shuns the rest of the family. The rest of us have moved on with our lives and our JW days seem a million years away. I can't even remember passages in the Bible anymore, either, as I've moved on from that, too!

The main reason I stayed here so long was to help others, but now there are others who are doing an excellent job of that. If it wasn't for the vigil threads I doubt I'd even be visiting as much as I do.

As long as there is a Watchtower-type organisation there will always be a JWD to combat it. I look forward to the day when the latter will no longer be needed.

Ian

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

1-that I am still here

2-that I am still conscious

-but not necessarily in that order!

• mouthy
    mouthy

don't really feel I have anything else to contribute to JWD - not that I contributed much anyway. Perhaps it's age. I'm just not drawn to it as much as previous.

Dear Dear Dansk!!!How can you say the above. You have contributed MUCH to me. I too want to leave JWD as I feel the same as you do.

But I find so much "hate" creeping into the board.I feel that new ones leaving will believe that is all those that leave the Organization has. I have found more love among those leaving than I ever found IN the organization .Though I did have many lovely friends. But It was conditional love.As soon as I was "outed" they never bothered with me again , except the 3 that left after I was kicked out..
    I am addicted to the site but I too am going to try to limit my post it seems that SOME get fed up with my thoughts.
    Hope you have a good day DEAR IAN (((((((((HUGS))))

• mouthy
    mouthy

Mr. Flipper I think some of the folks on here have to remove their panties from inside their anus orifices, and loosen up all over a bit ya know what I'm saying yo? some of them can be real assholes and bitches and idiots

MINCAN.... Am I included in your recommended action? If so please e-mail me privately I really would like to discuss it privately

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Mincan,

Mr. Flipper I think some of the folks on here have to remove their panties from inside their anus orifices, and loosen up all over a bit ya know what I'm saying yo? some of them can be real assholes and bitches and idiots.

....lol..Delicous irony, encapsulated in one sentence.

HS

• flipper
    flipper

OLD FLAME- I agree with you bud ! Some people come on the board with an attitude- but in time they learn to trust that most of us here on JWD want to be friends - not enemies. We are all in the same boat. I think Simon does a great job as well on this board ! I'm sorry you went through all that bad treatment by witnesses , but I enjoy your posts and contributions, you are a big help on this board ! Thanks !

LOU BELLE- I agree with you. Mouthy needs to stay ! I think most people on the board try to be respectful in voicing their opinions - true some are hard a$$e$ , and treat others disrespevtfully, but the majority usually see that those kind of posters are nuts anyway.

HILLARY STEP- I think I get your point very clearly - I am not missing your point. I see your point is that people will disagree - it is a reality. I get that. I never stated in my post to you that people don't disagree ! I think you we're missing my point !

My desires are not idealistic . Let me simplify this - so you understand. Disagreeing vigorously is fine - but my point is one can do it in a civil, dignified manner leaving the other person's dignity intact. You can accomplish that in a firm, polite manner and still get your point across without being abusive !

You mentioned that my " way will never work the way I want it too. " Well, look around on the board my friend - I beg to differ with you. For the most part I'd say 90 % of the posters on this board follow the guidelines set out by Simon ( it is his board ) and avoid insulting, abusive speech, and vulgar language in addressing others. So, you are wrong - it is evident the majority of posters are showing respect, care , and class in addressing each other. I too live in reality friend. There is no reason to leave the board. Yes, it is a reality people will disagree , it is life, but for the most part people show respect for one another on JWD.

Battles will take place. People grow and change , intellectually , and emotionally in non-confrontational environments as well. We don't have to fight and have hassles to grow. We all still learn.

My Advice Also :

1. View this board for what it is- A multi-dimensional discussion board for learning on many varied subjects. Not just one dimensional as you said.

2. Acknowledge that most of us are grown ups and mature adults and are taking responsibility for what we say here.

3. And acknowledge that we all do use our brains and we all have the " freedom of choice " to click on different threads that interest us. Whether we agree with the thread or not - it is our choice to view it or not !

4. To be insulting doesn't take any great intellect. But it is not rocket science either to show civil, respectful, communication with fellow posters on any threads

BURN the SHIPS - Refer to what I just wrote Hillary Step .

ALIBOY- Welcome to the board , peace my friend ! Look forward to your posts.

MOUTHY- I agree Grace ! We have unconditional love here for folks . Mincan wasn't talking about you sis !

HORTENSIA- I too get tired of Bible debates and topics - so I go to other things that interest me !

MINCAN- Ah, yes. Believe me, just answering everyone's replies on this thread is causing my panties to bunch up as I'm sitting here ! LOL!

DANSK- I agree with you ! I am glad so many newbies are here as well ! I enjoy your posts and what you have contributed to JWD. I think you have a lot of gas in the tank still and a lot to offer still !I respect that you want to help people - and continue doing so. That is why I post as well. We really lear a lot here, don't we ? Peace.

R. CRUSOE- Glad you are here too. I'm glad you're still conscious . And you can do it in any order you want ! That is the great thing about freedom of being out of the witnesses. The chance to choose ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit