Do Most Witnesses know about UN SCANDAL?

by Abandoned 54 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I know in the USA, the UN thing was held secret better than in the UK.

Trying to tell others is like trying to tell them the WTS said the end would
    come in 1975.

"No, you are wrong. That was the fault of individual members. What they
    did (or said) was not at all what you are telling me."

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

Most don't know and the ones that do don't care about it. To them its just another non issue. I really don't see this being a big deal with them. If the Dateline show about sexual abuse and the current Watchtower documents about the pedophile scandal don't wake them up, I don't see the UN issue holding a candle to it.

• Layla33
    Layla33

^^^^ You are right, when you are mind controlled and because of the pressure involved in speaking against it, there are many that would find any explanation no matter how ridiculous, as long as it came from the GB and WBTS. It's sad really.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Oompa..You say your 4th Generation JW..But..You can`t figure out why a United Nations/Watchtower partnership is just WRONG!!..Dude!..You have never been a Jehovah`s Witness!..Or..You have been drunk since you were born..LOL!!......Oompa..Your well liked..But..Your posts don`t ring true..There`s usually a reason for that.....Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Oompa - you said:

I found out here, am a news junkie, and never heard anything. I asked changling the other day why they did it? It seems like they may have had a good motive....using/doing what they could to help opressed brothers in eastern European countries?....I am not sure what the beef would be if that is the case. Is the sin that is was kept secret? Or that they deny it? Help me out with this one....................thanks...................oompa

Why would GOD'S CHANNEL need help from THE EVIL BEAST to further the INTERESTS of the KINGDOM ? C'mon, are you kidding me? This isn't HUGE to you? As soon as I read it I KNEW that there was no way that they could write the sh*t about the U.N. being the evil beast, that they wrote for years and then write all of those glowing reports about how great the U.N. is at least 6 times a year for what? ten or so years and EVER have any CREDIBILITY with me again. ( I was not "in" during the time of those articles). Have you read those articles that the evil bastards presented to the U.N. year after year? If not then you need to do so. They are so slyly written that just that point alone should jump out at you. If you read it in as a mind controlled JW you see it one way. Not as harsh as usual. If you read it as a common householder or member of the U.N. you would think the WTB&TS was in FULL SUPPORT of the U.N. and all that they stand for including world peace through them. When I read it now I can see the purposeful ambiguity to lie and deceive EVERYONE. There was one article that even said "to find out more talk to your JW neighbor". They couldn't at that point say "God will destroy the Satan run U.N." in print, they knew what a JW neighbor would say. If it was God's channel they would "wait on Jehovah" not jump on top of the harlot's back! I bought a pack of cigarettes the day I found out about the U.N., I joined the YMCA the same week and I have never been back to another meeting. I don't see how even the most faithful J.W. couldn't see through this. THIS IS HUGE !!!
  • pseattle2
    pseattle2
    I bought a pack of cigarettes the day I found out about the U.N.,

I know we all think this is a serious issue, but I thought this statement was pretty funny standing alone.

• oompa
    oompa

I would have bet my left nut Outlaw would once again bash me for being an idiotic 4th gen. dub. What do you want my baptism photo and Pub record card? You just did not think deep enough on this one. Remember the scripture about the secular or worldly authorities being placed there by God to serve as a protection for us? And if you have never read your bible give it try.....you will see that God used evil scum kings and governments to get things done when it suited him.

That's what I bet the WT was thinking, and therefor if the motive was to use the beast ironically to help the Brothers.....I could see God getting a kick out of that.....Yeah, God is even going to use Satan with hooks in his jaws to get some stuff done any minute............................oompa.......you crack me up you Crazy Canadian! BTY....my grandmother was Canadian....a special pioneer.....her dad had passed away so when she married my Grandpa......Bro. Knorr stood and gave her away! Eat it OUTLAW!

• blondie
    blondie

jws don't read much outside the WTS sphere. If they do and it creates any cognitive dissonance, they attribute it to a lie from the media, much the way they react to the child abuse in the WTS.

• oompa
    oompa
    AwakeWatcher: If it was God's channel they would "wait on Jehovah" not jump on top of the harlot's back! I bought a pack of cigarettes the day I found out about the U.N., I joined the YMCA the same week and I have never been back to another meeting. I don't see how even the most faithful J.W. couldn't see through this. THIS IS HUGE !!!

Awake I liked your entire post...esp. your enthusiam. However don't you know "the lord works in mysterious ways?" LOL... I did cite a few examples of God using evil to suit his fancy.......I guess motive really does not matter, because their motive for sticking the name Jehovah in the New Testament 237 when it does not belong there did not matter to me....it pissed me off.....so I appreciate your view on this......oompa.

too funny how this set you off doing sinful things.......I went and bought my first cigar when I awoke!!!!

• carla
    carla

When I had to meet with an elder years ago when all this first started, I had the UN letter in hand. I only allowed one other jw to be at this meeting besides my husband so the elder could have felt free to speak if he chose to. He was free to speak because my jw was so damn dopey about the org and didn't know what the heck was going on other than 'it was God's org'. So here me & elder are hotly discussing the UN thing while my jw didn't understand a word we said about the entire matter. Why? because he was new and didn't know about the years and years of them teaching that the UN was The scarlet beast of Rev. He still doesn't get it, just all new light. laladeeda oh well, the fds says so, it must be true. Brainwashing (or thought reform if you prefer) at its finest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit