Do Most Witnesses know about UN SCANDAL?

by Abandoned 54 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• oompa
    oompa
    carla: He was free to speak because my jw was so damn dopey about the org and didn't know what the heck was going on other than 'it was God's org'.

LMAO!!! nothing but the finest....can't really have an in depth discussion when one party really has no clue....It must have got hot because he felt stupid.....When I was going....I often had to correct the book study conductor or a moron totally of base...especially if we had recently had "new light" on something but they were wearing shades and missed it....frustrating.......I bet most dubs....esp those under 20 think the generation who saw 1914 will not die off................aarrrggghhh....................oompa

• kwr
    kwr

I really don't see it as a scandal. It is no different then applying for a building permit or registering your non-profit with governments around the world.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

No. Sadly they do not. Most of them are also unaware of the pedophile scandals and the recent payout and gag-order.

These things need to be exposed to the world.

LHG

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Oompa - You touched my eyeball! LOL

Yes that did set me off. You should have been there the day I found out. I spent about 2 hours on the phone with my worldly friend, Kate, pacing, arms flailing and really going off about it.

The pedohile issue is my heart and the Malawi/Mexico BS is my other eyeball.

Disfellowshipping/Shunning - Don't get me started, don't EVEN get me started.

• JK666
    JK666

I think Oompa is right,

Probably a third of the JW's never even caught the new light on the "generations" in 1995. Happy, happy, joy, joy!

JK

• still_in74
    still_in74

they dont know and they couldnt care less...

• Robert7
    Robert7

Is it possible this was not a scandal at all? What if the Society did this to be able to spread their faith in lands that they would otherwise not be able to? Of course, they didn't say that, they only used the 'library card' excuse. I think if the Society had a better excuse (if there really was one) this could have been a much lesser of an issue.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

I informed both my sister and my mother. I was on the phone w/ my mother while she was reading the UN website. BOTH of them said that by cancelling the NGO involvment that the WTS was correcting a wrong they had made. Neither of them really cared about the issue, but came down on me for trying to question their faith. I gave up after that. I have other things on which to spend my time and energy.

And to comment on the 1995 generation change...the last time I talked to my sister (July 2007) she made the comment, "Don't you remember how many today living will never die? There are only so many people alive today that noticed the changes in the world in 1914. The end is soooooooo close!!!!" Poor girl doesn't even realize that she was quoting a teaching that was revampted 13 years ago.

• JK666
    JK666

Robert7,

I agree, the reason they did the UN thing was to try to open up their work in Eastern Europe, and other 3rd world countries. The endemic lying that ensued shows their true colors as total whores.

JK

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I am not sure what the beef would be if that is the case. Is the sin that is was kept secret? Or that they deny it? Help me out with this one....................thanks...................oompa

All of the above of course. But mostly, that they called the UN 'the counterfeit representation of the Kingdom of God' and named it as the political wild beast of Revelation. Local Jw's can be DF'd for joining the local Ymca and using the pool. But the GB can join itself to the most evil organization on earth without it being a concern?

If a Jw joined the Ymca to help kids in Eastern Europe get fit and healthy they would still be Df'd. They have condemned any connection with the wild beast as worthy of death. Many have exited the organization for this - as well they should. It ranks right up there with the hypocrisy of the pedo scandal and Rand engine as far as I am concerned.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit