Do Most Witnesses know about UN SCANDAL?

by Abandoned 54 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• oompa
    oompa

AK_JEFF-I Really like your point.....we can't go to the Y or (snack at the y), but they can join really big WORLDLY group......oompa

• Reverend Warhawk
    Reverend Warhawk

I talked about this with a JW friend before moving to the USA. Told him about the letter from the UN, etc. What did he reply? Guess... "Surely, you know the world belongs to Satan, so some apostate in the UN must've put out that letter to damage the Watchtower!"

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Let's presume it was just for a library card.

That makes it even more reprehensible.

How could they pervert their own conscience for a darn library card? How could they become a part of the Beast for such a trivial thing?

Even if true! My understanding is they could have gotten access anyway.

Why couldn't those in Malawi get a party card, if membership in a political organziation is no big deal? They at least would have been "violating their Christian principles" for a real purpose - avoiding physical persecution!

• 5go
    5go

Do they Yes!

But only what the watchtower told them happened. Which they it repeat ad nauseum if you bring it up.

• Gopher
    Gopher

To those who questioned whether the WTS involvement as an NGO was a SCANDAL:

Consider, why did they immediately withdraw their NGO affiliation in 2002 after it had been exposed both on this website and in The Guardian newspaper in the UK?

The WTS got caught with its pants down. If their involvement with the UN was not disgraceful, then they would have continued on as an NGO.

• Robert7
    Robert7
    The WTS got caught with its pants down. If their involvement with the UN was not disgraceful, then they would have continued on as an NGO.

Very good point. If they said "We NEED this to spread the good news", fine. Their withdrawing and silencing it smells of something stinky...

• sspo
    sspo

Most of the Jw's are good people but brain dead. Older pople will not be shaken by any scandals,

they are like a broken record that continues to skip and repeat the same old line which is

" We are so close to the end, it's going to be here any day " " satan is so active now, he's trying to destroy God's people and we need to be at every meeting".

They could care less about the Un scandal and child abuse with the watchtower, they have an excuse for everything.

The only hope is for younger ones will wake up and leave after they find out about the lies of the watchtower.

• tinker
    tinker

I will never forget the day I opened the Awake mag and found an article endorsing the UN's efforts to help children and world peace. I literally dropped to my knees as I read. All WT literature stated, UN = Wild Beast = Satan. I really thought I must be misunderstanding and had to read it over and over. This was long before I even had the internet so I did ask a few friends their thoughts and everyone, to a man, said 'no big deal' The WTBS will use whatever means they need to further the preaching work. I personally didn't get it and now my curiousity was perked. When I did find the issue on the internet it answered all the questions and so began my leave.

As for 'do most JW's know about the UN issue' Not that many but I don't think it would matter to most. One poster here, Lenny, said he sent out 50 letters with all the information on the UN and got not one response. They are just not that interested, not curious, the JW culture is what they want = don't have to think for themselves the GB does all that hard stuff. They just follow and have a great bunch of friends to hang with. The social life of a JW is good clean and easy. Don't have to concern themselves with who the next president will be, heck, don't even have to buy a brithday card for anyone. Why would they want to know more about the UN. Wait on Jehovah and shut the F up. Sorry but that is my take on the matter.

We have one friend still 'in' who comes by now and then. We open the bottle of scotch and the talk begins. He askes everything from UN to cross to generations. He says lots of JW's questions these things as we did, including himself but they have too much invested, too many years, family and friends and no place else to go. So they stay and just push it all down into their guts. I did the same thing for years until my gut could not hold it any longer. I could not teach or preach these lies one more day.

Oompa, hang in there. I was also a muli generation witness. Never knew anything else so I have lost every friend and my entire social life. In return I gained self respect and the Truth about the Troof. ha ha ha humor gets me through the day.

• sorrowschild
    sorrowschild

it drives me nuts how controlled the information flow is to members of jws. this is just one more glaring example.

• uninformed
    uninformed

awake and watching---------------you made one of the best comments i have ever seen on the subject--------

Why would GOD'S CHANNEL need help from THE EVIL BEAST to further the INTERESTS of the KINGDOM ? C'mon, are you kidding me? This isn't HUGE to you? As soon as I read it I KNEW that there was no way that they could write the sh*t about the U.N. being the evil beast, that they wrote for years and then write all of those glowing reports about how great the U.N. is at least 6 times a year for what? ten or so years and EVER have any CREDIBILITY with me again. ( I was not "in" during the time of those articles). Have you read those articles that the evil bastards presented to the U.N. year after year? If not then you need to do so. They are so slyly written that just that point alone should jump out at you. If you read it in as a mind controlled JW you see it one way. Not as harsh as usual. If you read it as a common householder or member of the U.N. you would think the WTB&TS was in FULL SUPPORT of the U.N. and all that they stand for including world peace through them. When I read it now I can see the purposeful ambiguity to lie and deceive EVERYONE. There was one article that even said "to find out more talk to your JW neighbor". They couldn't at that point say "God will destroy the Satan run U.N." in print, they knew what a JW neighbor would say. If it was God's channel they would "wait on Jehovah" not jump on top of the harlot's back! I bought a pack of cigarettes the day I found out about the U.N., I joined the YMCA the same week and I have never been back to another meeting. I don't see how even the most faithful J.W. couldn't see through this. THIS IS HUGE !!!

It is huge. It is a reversal of teaching of the highest magnitude. It is hypocrisy without limits.

Most JW's aren't aware of it, or they are only aware of the WT 'explanation', (library card--bulls--t)

I died a thousand deaths when I found out about it.

UN-Informed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit