News from Mother ship

by jefferywhat 283 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minimus
    minimus

Jeff, my question's the same as Missing Link. Unless I've missed something, I haven't seen one prediction from this thread materialize.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I hear there is a 7-up dot hanging around in the GB conference room when they have refreshements.

D'oh!

• DT
    DT

A name change could be a practical decision. They haven't done a good job of promoting their current name on the Internet. If you Google Jehovah's Witnesses, you will find a lot of critical information. It's so bad for them they might find it easier to start over. If they use good SEO practices, they could do a much better job of promoting themselves while overwhelming critical voices.

• undercover
    undercover
    They haven't done a good job of promoting their current name on the Internet. If you Google Jehovah's Witnesses, you will find a lot of critical information. It's so bad for them they might find it easier to start over.

Is that to think that the critical information won't follow them to whatever name they use? They're doomed, as far as trying to remain "God's Earthly Organization" goes, no matter what name they use.

If they decide to change the way the entire religion works (i.e. become more mainstream and politically/religoiusly correct) at the same time they change names, they would have to count on losing all their old members and rebuild membership anew. The way they're bleeding money now, they might not be able to afford that.

• DT
    DT

Is that to think that the critical information won't follow them to whatever name they use? They're doomed, as far as trying to remain "God's Earthly Organization" goes, no matter what name they use.

The critical information would follow them, but it would take time. They could probably dominate the top ten of Google search results with positive references. The critical information would still be around, but the casual searcher would be much less likely to find it. It would probably be better for them if they could arrange for a small sect to break away and retain the name Jehovah's Witnesses. That small group could then carry the negative publicity from years worth of apostate sites. The newly named group could then start a new information race with apostates and probably easily outpace them if they did things intelligently.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I've read the entire thread.

that sounds like the sort of thing that happened with the "Worldwide Church of God"... certain "brothers" on the GB took their info "to the top" and a decision was made to go public.

I think what happened to the COC could happen.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

the religion formerly known as JWs. hahaha - what would we call this discussion forum then? - kidding around here, legal name changes are par for the course with them. changes nothing as far as the day to day dub can see.

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

I'm seeing this pan out like the scene from The Departed where on the Head GB gives the baby GBs some false information to see if it floats up in the Apostanet. Then, concrete shoes in the East River ensue. Not really. (OK, maybe).

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

the thought occurred to me as well. shhhh, don't tell them who i am.

• loosie
    loosie
    Then come the change in name, bigger again.

any hints on the new name?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit