Warning To All Posters Here!!!

by SWALKER 79 Replies latest jw friends

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

By the way, I am a fader and I would hate for someone to rat me out, so I would never do that to anyone else on this board. I strongly believe in the golden rule!!!

• JK666
    JK666

SWALKER,

You said: "Is there a test we can give someone to determine if they are nuts???"

Yes, I call it the first 100 posts!

And cognac, you have passed my test! Congratulations on being a "Junior Member!"

JK

• avishai
    avishai

Well, no offense intended, and now here's me gettin' overly suspicious. I 'pologize.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

As someone who could a rat's a*^ if I am outed, I hope and pray to the friends in my head that everyone is able to one day feel the freedom I do. It is a horrible thing to be afraid of coming to a board that has been a lifeline to me and others. It is horrible to always be looking over your shoulder in fear. I take my hat off to those of you who are afraid of being outed. You show a bravery in trying to maintain your life that I don't think I have. I'm sorry a new reason for fear has shown it's ugly face.

momz

• oldflame
    oldflame

Swalker darling,

Yes we do go back and long time here and I made a post once in regards to someone else here that I had become very close with, when they told me she was scared because someone had found out who they was and where they were. I got my butt chewed from Simon for simply telling everyone to be careful about giving your personal information to anyone online at least till you know who they are.

I totally agree with you here on this issue. I am sure that there are JW spies on here looking to gain brownies or something. Personally I don't really give a rats arse who knows I am here because that is why I am here. To share with to learn from others. I have no fear from the society or any of their members, but then I don't have to worry about fading or being df'd as I told them straight to their faces no to bother me anymore.

Myself I can understand why others would want to remain private as the pain that one endures from shunning is a cruel and unusual punishment, but that did not bother me, I figured I was doing what was the right thing to do in Gods eyes and if I lost friends and family then so be it. My spirituality is the most important thing I have to hold on to, it means more to me than anything or anyone and thats where I stand.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i tell all my jw family and friends what i learn here and where i got it from.

they sometimes ask me now whats new .

ian gill paisley formerly of paisley coatbridge and ayr congs among others

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Is the Facebook group now inactive ?

I've tried to join (or even find it) and can't ?????

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/147439/1.ashx

• jgnat
    jgnat

Timely warning, SWALKER. I'm glad you brought this up. I haven't had much trouble so far, and I've revealed my identity and met a few great people from the board. Everyone we've met have been absolutely great.

But then again, I'm slow to give out my name and e-mail address.

Just in case posters who are going for the successful fade, here's some major "dont's". Don't post your real picture. Don't post your address and phone number. Don't post your real name. Remember that whatever you post here can be read by anybody. I repeat, anybody. I know this sounds like common sense, but you'd be surprised how many posters ask the admins to erase their history after somebody found out what they wrote after the fact. By the way, JWD admins don't erase history. History is history.

Once the barn door's open, folks, you can't shut it again.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Oh, and here's a tip for those of you whose spouses are still "in". Let them know about your involvement on here. You don't have to share the details.

I figure one of the greatest time-bombs in a marriage is secretiveness.

Head off any trouble at the pass and let them know. Hey, it's paid off for me.

• Scully
    Scully

anotveryniceguy writes:

By the way, I am a fader and I would hate for someone to rat me out, so I would never do that to anyone else on this board. I strongly believe in the golden rule!!!

Then don't lurk Facebook groups (instead of joining them and participating) in an attempt to learn peoples' real names.

Then don't post threads wanting to know peoples' real names, the congregations they attended, whether they were married to an elder, and looking for information on locations where people lived (1), (2), (3), (4), (5), (6), (7).

That behaviour does not constitute following the golden rule.

Your behaviour tells me that you are looking for a woman who probably doesn't want you to find her. There's a word for that behaviour.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit