Warning To All Posters Here!!!

by SWALKER 79 Replies latest jw friends

• Odrade
    Odrade

You're right. The warning said: Be careful what personal information you post or give to other posters, since you could be exposed. To that, one should add: Be careful that your story is not too interesting, or people could demand that you expose yourself in order to "verify" that you are real. If you don't "verify," you will be investigated.

Hmmm, funny, those two things aren't so different after all. Forced expose, and um... well, forced exposure. Makes no difference whatsoever which direction it comes from. Had the "warning" come from someone who had not participated in an unjustified witchhunt, and still publicly stands by her suspicion until said anonymous poster "verifies" her real-life identity, (whether she originally wished to expose herself or not,) I don't feel I'm missing the point at all.

• changeling
    changeling
    I don't feel I'm missing the point at all.

Just because you "feel" that way, doesn't make you right. Some may still "feel" there are those on this board who are "yanking our chain", but they may not be right. We all have to know when to let something go and give it a rest.

changeling

• Xena
    Xena

Looks to me like Odrade got the point of the thread pretty well.

While it's a valid warning it's ironic who started it. Maybe some introspection is in order.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Thanks Xena. Nice to see you, BTW!

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

It must be remembered by all JWs that their life is not their own, their mind is not their own and everything they do is written so they don't need a mind of their own!

Coming on here is proof that a person is thinking about thinking which their families and friends have stopped doing!

So it is dangerous to them just in case they all catch a virus that wakes up their brains!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Odrade said:

It's a "cause" that I won't drop. I know I'm not the only one who feels like this, and I'm pretty sick of seeing people demanding that new posters (and established) reveal themselves or be thought a troll. Since your discussion is about forcible "outing" and since you are one of the people who wanted another poster to give up her anonymity to satisfy your paranoia, I think this is a perfectly acceptable place to discuss it.

Here is what SWALKER said in the thread you won't let go of:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/150543/1.ashx

SWALKERRe: Hi everyone, I'm Cognac's friend!

Post 2432 of 2447
    since 25-Feb-04

I don't usually say anything...but something smells fishy to me. Come on, this "pioneer" joins board and gives this fantastic story and then her best friend signs up the next day????????? Then the friend hurriedly posts from her own computer when the IP address match? I could go on, but what's the point?

I wish we had a red flag in the emoticons and I'd throw it!

Swalker

and her second post:

Post 2433 of 2447
    since 25-Feb-04

What the hell do you want, my friggin blood

Not pioneer talk, whoever you are!!!!!!!!

Swalker

and her third and last post in that thread:

Post 2434 of 2447
    since 25-Feb-04

Swalker:

Your obnoxious, leave me alone.

I think you're lying and have NO TROUBLE leaving you alone at all!!! BTW, I thought this was your friends thread...not yours. You betray yourself in volumns, honey.

Swalker

Now unless I'm missing something Odrade she never asked for this poster to out herself. So would you kindly get off your high horse and quit badgering people about this already. You've made your point, we've gotten the message it's way past time to let it go. You are being abusive and it won't be tollerated any longer.

Plenty of people have apologized profusely to you on this and the other thread and you have never acknowledged or accepted their apologies you just keep throwing it all back in their face. It really must be hard keeping your angel wings tucked in your shirt, you might try giving us mere humans a break after all we're imperfect and can at least admit it. Is it really that hard to be kind?

Thanks Xena. Nice to see you, BTW!

Yeah big surprise...........

• KW13
    KW13

here we go again, trev.gate part 2...

thank you for the warning, i am glad you have warned us as some here will no doubt take heed of those warnings.

as for what we can do about it, i am not sure. for many its probably too late - lets just all remain good friends and not fall out with each other because of some idiots who can't help but hurt others.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Can I just say that I love Bikerchic, SWALKER, and Odrade?

Seriously. I really do.

This is a cool place. You are all passionate with the points you bring out. I would love to meet each of you and enjoy a rivetting evening of conversation!

Isn't it wonderful that we all share one great thing in common - we know the WT is corrupt and deserves to be shut down. The rest is just the little details along the way that we need to sort out.

peace to all!

The Oracle

• Odrade
    Odrade

Let me rephrase my deleted post to you BiKerchic: Can I take it by your actions that you support the demands of posters here to "verify" identity of new posters that have an interesting story? Can I take it by your actions that you believe that publicly shouting that you believe a new poster is a LIAR or that things sound fishy, and that you stand by your public suspicions until the poster proves themselves" is completely irrelevant to same poster being upset about someone she cares about being forcibly exposed?

Are you insulting me as a moderator? or as a regular poster? Because if your personal attack is as a moderator, then I won't question it. But if your personal attack is as a regular poster, then I say BRAVO! your hypocrisy is showing again. Might want to tuck it back into your pants.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Odrade you are really trying my patience here and in hindsight I should have let your deleted post stay so it would be evidence of why you've been put on reduced posting.

You've shown you're not about to let a Moderator tell you what you can or cannot do even when it's for the peace of the board, that's all I'm trying to do is to restore peace to the board but you won't let it go now matter how many times you've been asked.

This thread is locked.

Hindsight for the 20/20 deleted post:

And the most abusive poster of them all speaks. Hey Bicker, I think there are some other XJW boards around that might have need of you to come and cuss them out!

I'll leave that up to you Odrade it's more to your liking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit