Warning To All Posters Here!!!

by SWALKER 79 Replies latest jw friends

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I think that I have been pretty transparent about who I am. Anyone in my area who lurks here (and what a bad witness you are for lurking in the Devils playground!) knows who I am. I have been gone long enough that I really don't care. If I had to start this over I might have been a little less obvious. Oh well, that's me. I'm just glad to have found this place....it has given me more solace and information than 36 yrs of meetings and false friends.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    You don't have to post on JWD to be outed.

FHN...it's getting to be a police state and the elders think they are the police!

Swalker

Well, then all of us and anyone who is a jw need to accept this and learn to live with it. When you are a JW, you run the risk of being outed and shunned. You also run the risk of being innocent and being shunned. This is reality. Anytime we post anything personal or our pictures on the internet, we are taking risks.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

I just want to say that I only started this thread to make posters aware what can happen when you post your personal information on the net. I can't emphasize enough the point I'm making is, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE OUTED, for whatever reason, DON'T POST YOUR NAME AND ID ON THE NET. I hope this helps posters realize that we should take our friendships here and on other forums seriously and make sure it's o.k. to share information about another poster, BEFORE doing so. The WTS has already wrecked so many lives we don't have to help them.

Thanks for all your great comments and advice.

Swalker

• besty
    besty

JWD should have an authenticated user mechanism whereby if you are happy to be identified everybody else can see who you are, and validate you.

It works for eBay and facebook.

• Odrade
    Odrade

:::JWD should have an authenticated user mechanism whereby if you are happy to be identified everybody else can see who you are, and validate you.

Why? All that would do is foster the paranoia we've already seen. If a new poster comes on this site with an interesting or dramatic story, and is unwilling to allow themselves be "verified" due to wishing to retain some anonymity, they could be vilified and viewed with suspicion, with demands to "verify" themselves somehow would be hurled at them by the same people that are howling about getting outed.

It amounts to the same thing. Demands to prove identity are nearly as abusive as "outing" someone.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    JWD should have an authenticated user mechanism whereby if you are happy to be identified everybody else can see who you are, and validate you.

They do and if you choose to use it you can it's in your Profile upload a picture of yourself and ta-da!

• SWALKER
    SWALKER
    by the same people that are howling about getting outed.

Odrade...I must have missed the thread that elected you "thread monitor!!!!!" I have heard enough from you on MY THREAD! I haven't bothered YOU in the least and yet you PERSIST in disrupting the ongoing discussion on this topic, trying instead to make it about YOU and YOUR concerns!

Start your own thread and say anything you want on it. I won't bother you in the least! Get over yourself and grow up! I don't care if you have a viewpoint different than mine and it shouldn't bother you this much that I do!!!

Swalker

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Odrade...I must have missed the thread that elected you "thread monitor!!!!!" I have heard enough from you on MY THREAD! I haven't bothered YOU in the least and yet you PERSIST in disrupting the ongoing discussion on this topic, trying instead to make it about YOU and YOUR concerns!

Start your own thread and say anything you want on it. I won't bother you in the least! Get over yourself and grow up! I don't care if you have a viewpoint different than mine and it shouldn't bother you this much that I do!!!

Calm down SWALKER......some people have a need to feel useful regardless of how it's felt by others.

FWIW you may be the starter of a thread insomuch as it's your idea and you continue the dialog but no one really OWNS a thread, they seem to have a life of their own.

• Odrade
    Odrade

It's a "cause" that I won't drop. I know I'm not the only one who feels like this, and I'm pretty sick of seeing people demanding that new posters (and established) reveal themselves or be thought a troll. Since your discussion is about forcible "outing" and since you are one of the people who wanted another poster to give up her anonymity to satisfy your paranoia, I think this is a perfectly acceptable place to discuss it.

• changeling
    changeling

Odrade: You have missed the intent of this thread from the very begining. SWALKER's warning was valid and has nothing to do with the cognac debacle.

changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit