Warning To All Posters Here!!!

by SWALKER 79 Replies latest jw friends

• llbh
    llbh

I am someone who has been on both sides of this dilemma. When i first came here . i definitely did not want to be outed, at least not initially. This was for two primary reasons.

1. Like many i have close family in the wts - Wife and 14y daughter.

2. Although being a long term fader (10years) i was not comfortable enough to deal with a JC.

My position has changed , my wife now knows i post here (good advice jgnat) and I told her if the wts came after me i do not care.. i now feel comfortable enough to deal with the wts should the need arise. The change has been helped by the time spent here and friends i have made here.

Because i did want to protect my privacy and i have very close family in, my advice would be, to be sure that you are comfortable dealing with the consequences should you be outed here..

This makes me sick that grown up( yes i am 51) people have to behave like this but we have to deal with it.

Regards David

• noni1974
    noni1974

I'm an open person.I'm not a fader so I don't have to worry about being outed.I've posted my personal information on the board and had it deleted by a mod.I don't really care if people know my name or location.Only because I DA ed myself almost 10 years ago.If I was a fader I wouldn't be so open with my information.

I've had someone approach me in PM after I posted what congergations I had attended.Turns out they knew me when I was a kid.I don't remember them but my Mom and Dad do.We have nice email chats from time to time.This poster knows my whole family and all the people I knew growing up.

Just be careful if you don't want to be found out.

• DJK
    DJK

I'm not concerned about my personal privacy. I respect others. I'm in a monthly meetup and I have met some who know my father. I don't have to ask for secrecy, its just understood that way.

If my father finds out I'm in this group or on sites like this one using his own methods that's one thing. I don't like the idea of a tattle tale JW telling him about it. I had enough of that when I was young. Its none of their business and besides, what do they expect? Do they think a 73 year old man is going to spank his 51 year old son? Geesh.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

So who is the secret nazi? I know that the person Scully spoke of has asked me for personal info. I certainly didn't pass it on. But Swalker seems to know and hasn't ID'd him/her

• mouthy
    mouthy

Check with three of your friends. If none of them are crazy, then it's you.

WELL Scully You know how long it takes ME to sort out TRUTH!!!! Did you have to tell me the above????I checked with ALL my friends , not only 3 ! they are fine....

To the people that want to" OUT"Folks!!! Remember ME!!!! I am IN!!!! ( HIS HANDS> JESUS)

My Name Is GRACE GOUGH!!!! Fergus, Ontario. Canada. (Waves frantically to all in the TWO Bethels I still love you all even though you have blinded minds. ) E-mail Scully she will help ya. She did me.....

• Priest73
    Priest73

Grace,
    I'm with you, I just checked with my pals Santa, The tooth fairy and, the easter bunny. They all claim to be normal. Guess that leaves me.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Darling Priest!!! I got your message ( it wasnt hidden) But your friends are FAKE & Makebelieve MINE ISNT HE is REAL!!!! I know I have him in my heart ....Want to KNOW HIM???? E-mail me if you do. If your scared .I will speak to HIM about you. He is probably looking for you anyway

• wednesday
    wednesday

I have always wondered why we don't have the ability to edit posts indefinitely. I belong to at least three other groups and those boards allows editing basically forever. on occ i have had to ask a mod to open a thread so i could edit it, if the thread was locked.. But they said it was easy enough to do. Of the three boards, I only "pay' to belong to one. so the money is not the factor (even non paying members could edit posts). I could go back to a post i made 5 yrs ago and edit it. I can't erase a thread but i can delete the contents of my own posts. these groups are about "sensitive " matters, such as this board is. so if they can do that, why can't jwd? I have always wondered..many people get what is called" writers regret" and spill their guts about very sensitive stuff and it is a very kind thing to allow this kind of indefinite editing. I have heard folks say that if you do that it messes up the thread, but who do we care about here, the thread or the posters? I do know that posts have been removed from here before, legal matters and such so it is not written in stone. I was once the grateful recipient of this myself. the boards that I'm on that allow this are large like this board too. We all say things we wish we hadn't , esp when we are talking about horrible things that have happened to us at the hands of a JC meeting.

So why couldn't we adopt this ? as i said, the only time a mod on the other boards had to get involved was if the thread was closed. (locked) otherwise we had indefinite editing.

• Layla33
    Layla33

I have to say that this is one of the reasons I haven't truly communicated much with anyone here. Thank you to all who have written me privately and I have responded to a few people, but beyond just the one or two exchanges, I am still trying to find my comfort zone and know everyone. I feel like I am on a learning curve. I do want to get to know people who can understand where I am coming from, but at the same time I want to be cautious and just get a better feel for this site.

• DJK
    DJK
    So who is the secret nazi? I know that the person Scully spoke of has asked me for personal info. I certainly didn't pass it on. But Swalker seems to know and hasn't ID'd him/her

I would like to know myself although I think you would only lower yourself to their level if you did ID them. Send them a PM and ask them to confess. If they have any integrity at all, they will.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit