so i started the jeep in the darage

by oompa 192 Replies latest members private

• restrangled
    restrangled

OOMPA......don't you dare attempt anything of the sort again... ever! You are drinking pure poison....Gin is "rot your gut" alchohol. It also has the tendency to rot your brains as noted. At the same time you quit taking your meds. As you well know if you are taking anti depressents you are not suppose to be drinking. Is that why you quit taking those meds two days ahead of New Years as stated?

You cannot just go off anti depressant meds. I have had more extended family members F**K up doing the same as you are doing then I care to think about. There have been 2 suicides, and many attempts by others causing much heartache when it first happened and continues for many years later.

Snap out of it now before you hurt your existing family, extended family, and anyone else who cares about you including members of this board.

nuff said.

r.

• wednesday
    wednesday

oompa

there is an old joke that goes like this

How do you know if an alcoholic is lying?

His lips are moving(0r words to that effect)

I have been through this with family who we dragged through one rehab after another .l They just laughed in our face. one day they hit rock bottom. They then cleaned up their act.

I never abandoned them- I don't agree with tough love Maybe firm love but i believe the bible is correct ' love never fails"

Even though AA is a bit like religion, there are some really nice people there and it does work.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

BizzyBee,

Let's look at the facts, post mortem.

OK! Let's look at the facts!

I am glad that you are proud of yourself.

Awwwwwww........You had me at 'facts,' JK. But what happened to 'the facts'? This is just more vitriol..........*yawn*......after your good job on Comments You Won't Hear, I must say I expected more.....you're letting yourself be beaten by a laughing dog......

• JK666
    JK666

Bizzy Bee,

I would love to unleash the dogs on you, but I have to be nice. I think the fact that you are a frustrated unaccomplished person is perfectly obvious. I am glad that you can spread your vitriol to others in a wonderful hodgepodge of angst.

What is your goal? What are your intentions and expectations? Just to toot your own horn, I would expect. Enjoy, even though you are off key.

Maybe you can get together with Outlaw and his dog . . .

JK

• JK666
    JK666

Weds,

Thank you for a balanced response.

I ended up getting DF'ed for drunkenness twice. I am a chronic alcoholic that struggles one day at a time with the disease. It is okay most of the time, but we all have bad moments. I have hit a bottom, and hope it is my last. I also know how shitty that bottom can be, and I have a great deal of empathy for Oompa and others going through similar circumstances. Some do not survive it. The decision of choosing a happy productive life versus a drunk, miserable death is a real tough choice for an alcoholic or addict. I hope Oomp chooses the right way.

Love ya,

John

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

So let us analyse this thread shall we.

A person under the influence of drink starts a thread on an international discussion Board in which he talks suicide and despair.

Some people {{{{{{{{hug}}}}}}}} him. Some tell him to pull himself together, get some professional help and stop piling anxieties on people who are not in a position to do anything about his misery. Meanwhile those of the tribe of {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hug}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} pat him on the head, finish draining their expresso's and kiss their worn Slime Dion posters before retiring. The {{{{{{{huggers}}}}}}} then get angry at the non-huggers because according to the {{{{{{{{{huggers}}}}}}} the non-huggers are mean-spirited. A mele begins.

The {{{{{{{{huggers}}}}}}}} obviously forgetting the emotional importance in being able to {{{{{{{{{{{hug}}}}}}}}}} online, drop their brackets around their ankles and come out of their corner, this time showing the non-huggers what a mean spirit is really all about! One {{{{{{{{hugger}}}}}}}}} threatens to thrash a non-hugger, and the person who caused all the grief in the first place suggests that he would not waste a bullet on any of the non-huggers.

Have I got this right?

God, this Board.....lol It is like closing time at the Black Horse in Deptford. If you go home with teeth you face your mates with shame the next day, unless of course you can persuade your Gran to punch you out.

HS

• JK666
    JK666

re,

We just have to keep them alive to get to that point. The way the Borg cuts them off is inhumane, and the "toughlovers" here just exacerbate the situation. It is pretty confusing to a person that isn't sure they have a problem. And the "pull yourself up by the bootstraps" comments don't mean much to a person that would rather hang themselves by them.

You are a good person, thank you for your comments.

John

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    lol It is like closing time at the Black Horse in Deptford. If you go home with teeth you face your mates with shame the next day

Kee-rist! Hill, you made me laugh til I nearly spent some money!Mr. Bee across the room wants to know what's going on, but where do I begin? I told him to just trust that I am having a good time with the flamers (and I hope they are, too - having a good time, that is). Unless you take yourself awfully seriously, this is just..........what it is. We are not saving lives here. Nor destroying them. ROTFL!

• JK666
    JK666

hs,

A balanced viewpoint is appropriate, I agree. I just think when a person is in suicidal mode, goading is not smart. Period.

JK

• KenseiShimonzu
    KenseiShimonzu

KenseiShimonzu First I must say your avatar is indeed the Pope doin a horse from behind. I forgot to look,but you must be a newbie as quoted a crazy canadian...puke puke, gag, gag............oompa

Hmmm,I've looked at my avy(which is a Kanji character,btw) a few times and i don't see a"Pope doin a horse"....And yeah,i'm a newbie..does that make anything i said invalid because i don't have many post here?...just wondering..you know,for future reference.

But as i read your responses to all those nice caring hugs,and coddling you received...I can't help but remember what Outlaw said earlier in the post: People who drink too much tend to be Drama Queens..Drama QueenDrama Queen..It dosen`t mean they don`t have a problem..But..They do like to play their audience......Nobody helps a drunk by coddling them..Do you want to help OOmpa?........Then tell him to straighten out..And ..Pull himself up,by his own bootstraps......Too many good people have stayed drunk because the people around them,baby them.................

But yeah,I am a newbie there's no denying that,look over there to the left at my post count...Didn't mean to intrude on your little play/pity party you had going on here...I was momentarily dumb enough to think you were sincere...I haven't been here long enough to see all the times it has been "repeated" and get tired of it i suppose..When it's all said and done...Outlaw,Odrade,and BizzyBee posts FTW

I don't know what i was thinking....I already know that People who really intend to kill themselves,don't let the gun "jamming" stop them,they fix the jam,and do what they came to do...They also don't go onto the internet looking for pity,and excuses not to do it..hoping that someone will publicly try and talk them down...so they can say later"Oh I was GONNA do it!..but____talked me out of it"....this is epic...JWD has it 's very own "Baby Jessica"...who knew?lol....The only suicides i wanna hear about from now on,are the successful ones..the ones that make the news..NOT the ones "contemplated" on MB's...That way,after they're gone people can make the inevitable post dedicated to them and talk about how sad it was,and how they"wish they could have done something",and how they weren't assholes when they were alive.. puke puke, gag, gag..... indeed...indeed..

-KS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit