My Life as a 'Famous' Jehovah's Witness

by united states of nothing 115 Replies latest jw experiences

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

But that's just me, a once-famous theater critic for the New Yorker magazine and ex-best-selling author (please! no guessing), talking.

Sir82 ... that's funny. LOL

• Confession
    Confession

I remember how concerned some JWs would get about whether or not someone was truly "of the anointed." Of course now it seems funny since I don't consider anyone to be "anointed." Some among us are especially sensitive to the idea that someone might be getting over on them. I appreciate you guys; I know you're looking out for us. But allow me to disagree please.

I don't find anything perfectly damning about his posts. Is he perhaps NOT "famous." Yes, perhaps.

Do you know for certain? No you don't.

Does it seem like he's unnecessarily "baiting" us into wondering about who he may be? Perhaps to you.

Until I become more certain of his possible deception, will I feel like a fool by contributing to this thread before then? No, I won't.

Would I feel like a complete idiot if he's telling the truth, while I've been loudly denying him? Yes, I would.

Can some decide not to contribute--while others choose to do so, without raising the ire of the former? I'd certainly think so.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Very well put Confession!

He has the right to post here. If you disagree or think he is a "troll" just don't bother with his threads....

The ones that suspect "troll" anytime you don't see some posters not using certain grammer, or you think they are lying, you yourself are being judgemental and unless you know for fact, don't have basis for it. Use some sensitivity....this is supposed to be a safe haven for all ex JW's....

• JK666
    JK666

I am with Confession and babygirl on this one.

If he is a troll, I don't look like a fool - he does.

And I certainly do not want to label someone as a troll wrongly, then I AM the fool, and a mean one at that!

JK

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

so I guess an autographed Kirk Gibson jersey is outta the question?

~Hill

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If Daniel-p and Restrangled are such good detectives, how come they didn't spot Chuck Russell in USON's Business thread?????

They should butt out and go and get a room.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I do not think he is a troll. Cut him some slack. He wants to be anonymous. Stop guessing who he might be. There are several Major League ball players who became JW's. He could be any one of them.

Welcome to our world, USON.

I am a forum moderator, so if you want anything done, you can PM to me. I saw that you asked to be removed, but have posted since then, so I assume you changed your mind.

• wednesday
    wednesday

Mulan

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    If Daniel-p and Restrangled are such good detectives, how come they didn't spot Chuck Russell in USON's Business thread?????

Because I didn't get it in time before I posted that I thought he was a troll. I'm not the only one who didn't get it, as is testified by the fact that it was linked to by others as evidence of troll-like behavior. I admited my fault in the other thread. However, as I also stated, it doesn't change the fact that I think this person is not telling the truth and in general just being an idiot and screwing with well-meaning people here. I welcome people here who I think are earnest and well-meaning. My intuition is far from infalible, but nothing "united states of nothing" has said sounds legit. As someone else said above, he sounds like a bored teenager, screwing around with people he doesn't know on the Internet. If saying this warrants a moderator "disciplining" me in some abstract manner, so be it. Just so there's no misunderstandings: USOM, I think you're full of it. If you're not full of it, prove it by behaving like you're not a bored teenager, screwing around with people on the Internet. It might be harder then it sounds.

Happy Holidays, everyone - even though I can't celebrate them with all my family in the "truth" still. Remember to spend time where and with whom it counts, and don't stay glued to the computer too long.

-dp

USON,

As I said before, welcome, and don't sweat the skepticism here. After years of being lied to, folks here are naturally skeptical of any unusual claims. That skepticism is healthy, and a sign that their brains are functioning properly. You did bait their curiousity so you should have expected that some would react as they have.

I'm curious about how you were able to become a pro baseball player, given your Jehovah's Witness background. Did you play little league baseball? If so, how did you get your parents to support that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit