My Life as a 'Famous' Jehovah's Witness

by united states of nothing 115 Replies latest jw experiences

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Welcome to the board. When did you leave the org? Or have you? Do you think you were given extra leeway as a celebrity, or did you do all the JW stuff possible while in your career? (not a sports fan, so unless your name is Ichiro, I probably never heard of you!)

Shelly

• horrible life
    horrible life

Sir82 said

First played organized baseball at age 17, then playing at the major league level at age 20 (as Lou Whitaker did)?

I don't see that Sir82. I see that he went to college, and then was drafted later. Please clarify.

• united states of nothing
    united states of nothing

I will not be posting here any longer. Could the owner of this site please delete my account, this thread, and all other posts.

Thank you

• footstepfollower
    footstepfollower

Sweet There were a # of baseball players in my area growing up 2 who played for the sox Jerry HArriston and Chet Lemon. Of course 2 of Jerry's Boys are in the pro's now. Chet went to the Tigers after the Sox. I know Jerry is still active and out in Tucson managing the Sidewinders.

Could this be sweet lou? Oh sweet lou.

• horrible life
    horrible life

US, please don't let one poster run you off. This is a support board. All are welcome. Please stay.

• footstepfollower
    footstepfollower

Horrible... he might be more worried about his anonimity than that guys comments and US if that is the case I am sorry if I did anything to make you feel uncomfortable :(

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    US, please don't let one poster run you off. This is a support board. All are welcome. Please stay.

I agree!

But, obviously if he wanted his Identity known, he would have said so....... he doesnt need people posting it for him. (if that is him)

US of nothing, welcome to the board, please stay!

• Jourles
    Jourles

The last I heard, Lou wasn't "26 years old."

• Jourles
  • Gopher
    Gopher

C'mon, how many "famous" JW baseball players were there?

If he's not one of the ones we knew from American baseball (Chet Lemon, Lou Whitaker), then there should be no harm done. Seeing the guy is only 26, all he'd have to do is say "no that's not me" -- no harm, no foul.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit