most disturbing movie scene you've seen?

by knock knock 95 Replies latest jw friends

• Quandary
    Quandary

I saw a French film a few years back, IRREVERSIBLE. This film had two most horrific scenes I have ever seen or ever wish to see again. One scene shows a person's head actually being beaten to the point of it being completely torn apart off of the body! Way too realistic- The other scene was an aboslutley mortifying rape scene- The problem with both scenes was the realistic way they were shot, too real.

Q

• Quandary
    Quandary

Lumptard- I just noticed you had already mentioned Irreversible.

I see you are from IL, did you see it at the Landmark Century?

• scotsman
    scotsman

Dennis sniffing gas in Blue Velvet is delightfully freaky. So simple.

Funny Games by Michael Haneke has a multitude of disturbing scenes where the horror takes place off camera but you see the impact it had on those that witness it. (and I mean the original, not the remake)

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I had a teacher who showed us the Dennis Hopper gas sniffing scenes of Blue Velvet in cinematography English class in high school. He practically worshipped David Lynch and Francis Ford Coppola.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

One that comes to mind is a scene in Tideland - a movie about a little girl left to fend for herself after both parents die of drug overdoses in front of her. There are scenes of the little girl helping inject her parents that are bad, but the worst one is after her father dies sitting upright in his chair and his corpse begins to rot. Little Jeliza keeps acting like he's just sleeping and climbs on his lap, kisses him, dresses him up - playful things a child might do, but he's already in advanced state of decay. Very disturbing.

But it's an interesting and thought-provoking movie nonetheless. I think disturbing scenes have a purpose, particularly if they are based in real life - hopefully they help move people out of a comfort zone and prompt us to fight for change.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

Wow, thanks. It was soooooooo weird. When someone was singing "Crying Over You" acapella in Spanish was so hauntingly beautiful.

So she killed her girlfriend for real? I kinda got some of it but it was ........I don't know.

I have really epic vivid dreams. But NOTHING like that movie. That being said, sometimes I wonder, "Did I do that or just dream I did it?' So far no hit men or murder.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    The other scene was an aboslutley mortifying rape scene- The problem with both scenes was the realistic way they were shot, too real.

Yes, I concur. The rape scene in "Irreversible" is life-changingly disturbing. It haunted me for many weeks afterward, and I have a pretty tough emotional constitution. Any person who has sexual abuse issues should imo avoid seeing this film at all costs.

The theme of the film is actually worth exploring and it is an excellent piece of filmmaking. I have no issue in seeing the rape scene portrayed so realistically, and Monica Belluci's acting was as always impeccable, beyond that of any Hollywood actress that I could name, but it is a very, very tough "view".

HS

• beksbks
    beksbks

Wow what a thread.

The scene that disturbed me most in Saving Private Ryan, was the one on the beach, right after the hideous landing. It's all so hopeless. And there in the middle of all that hell, Tom Hanks men are looking at him and asking him what to do. He has to get up and lead them.

Glory, when they all head into what they pretty much know is their death.

I can't watch anything where evil is perpetrated on children, and I can't watch rape. Someone said something about that scene in A Time to Kill. Horrible. Particularly because she was hardly human to them. Racist bastards.

I still have to turn my eyes when the hobbling scene comes up in Misery.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Some were mentioned already, but here goes:

Cape Fear bite the cheek/rape scene

Elevator and dungeon scenes from silence of the lambs

Shot in head scene from Schindler's list

D-Day Beach and fight/stab scene from Saving Pt Ryan

Bar owner beats the c**p out of Brad Pitt in basement in Fight Club

Braveheart emasculation/torture scene at end

BA- I think that's it.

• LesMcLuffAlot
    LesMcLuffAlot

Borat. When Azamat sits his naked ass on Borats face. The only time I have ever cringed and looked away in a movie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit