most disturbing movie scene you've seen?

by knock knock 95 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The scene in Strange Days when Iris was being raped and murdered but she was experiencing it through her rapist's eyes and thoughts. That was a serious mindf**k.

The most eerie movie I ever saw I still think is the 1970s' remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. The sound effects, acting, special effects, etc. all made it uber-creepy.

• Forscher
    Forscher

I usually avoid most of the kind films mentioned, such as Saw.

I did end up watching Seven though. It had been hyped by the critics, which should've sounded alarm bells for me, so I went. There it was a most disturbing and depressing film. I almost walked out on the film but stayed as I couldn't see how it could seriously get any worse. I was wrong. I guess the critics loved it because evil triumphed (their world view).

Forscher

• Lumptard
    Lumptard

Hasn't anyone seen "Irreversable?"- My god....just....my god......Brilliant film, but definitely the most disturbing one I've ever seen.

• hermanoricky
    hermanoricky

The torture scene in Pan's Labrynth was particularly horrifying to me - VERY realistic. Other than that, the first "Hostel" movie was filled with the most horrifying scenes. The second Hostel was not as good or as shocking in my opinion.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

Anything with a rape scene I cannot tolerate. "Mulholland Dr" kinked my brain up for days. Still don't know what that was about. Guess I am not sophisticated enough.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Eclipse said:

The movie Seven disturbed me with nightmares for quite a few months...

I agree. This movie was based on religious beliefs. The thought of this movie still makes me sick to my stomach.

r.

• knock knock
    knock knock

600murray, that was the scene I was referring to when I started this thing. While the scene was basically a violent struggle, it was not the "most gory" or "most violent" etc. but it still was quite disturbing.

My brother, who STILL hasn't signed up on here, says that The Photo Drama of Creation wins hands down. Again, I've never seen it so can't opine.

If nothing else comes from this thread, I've learned about some films to be sure to avoid. :)

Oh, and Tinker; dreaming about Herve...now that is disturbing enough to perhaps seek treatment! lol

• flipper
    flipper

I agree with what Flying High Now said, what poor Ned Beatty went through in Deliverance was just so humiliating ! He didn't even get lubricated for christ's sake ! Poor dude ! And the scene in "the Exorcist " when the possessed girl is yelling at the priest saying , " Eat me ! Eat me ! " I saw that and I'm like ecch, gross ! This is what the spirits do to possessed kids ? Sick ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo
    baby starving to death in Trainspotting.

You beat me to it.

I couldn't watch the rest of the movie after that.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

dogisgod....That's one of my favorite movies. Most of the movie is a dream by the main character (there are lots of clues of this, the first scene of Diane hitting the pillow, her saying when arriving in Hollywood that it "is a dream", the diner being called Winkies, the cowboy telling her to wake up, etc.). She had this dream just after having a hitman kill her ex-girlfriend. Her dream takes people and motifs from her real life and reappropriates them in her dream (as dreams normally do), and the dream tries to block out the murder and rationalize her guilt. But her subconscious efforts at repressing her memory of her crime fail, and real life begins to intrude more and more in her dream (the phone ringing in her room probably brings her out of her dream). Finally, when she goes to Club Silencio, she realizes she is dreaming, that all is illusion, and she is disturbed. Then the dream ends when she finds the blue key, which represents the blue key that the hitman left on her table (indicating that he had done the job), the last thing she saw when she went to bed. Then she wakes up (the cowboy tells her, "time to wake up"), and she gets up and remembers what she did. As she is remembering, we are shown the flashbacks of what led up to the murder, what she remembers from her point of view, and now we (the audience) realize that all the characters and events of the dream were inspired from random things in her life....the waitress at the diner where she met the hitman, the landlady of her apartment, the guy who stole her girlfriend, etc. After she finishes remembering what she did, her guilt reaches the breaking point, making her lose grip with reality. She gets out her gun and blows her brains out. The end.

I really loved the brilliant way the movie explored psychological issues and especially in so realistically (imho) depicting how dreams recycle stuff from one's waking life, and rather incoherently weaving them together into narrative(s) that deal with the issues that one is facing, and how the film depicted how a person achieves a semi-lucid realization that he/she is dreaming before waking up (I can think of examples of this from my own dreams).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit