Huh?

by harleau 98 Replies latest social relationships

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Very true. There's also good people in every religion. I had to look past the local brothers and look at leadership, the Watchtower Society and the Governing Body. Did their past show true direction from Jehovah? I figure yeah their imperfect, but they are leading people to what they feel is life forever. People are making life and death decisions based on what they say. Does their past reliability reassure me? How affected are everyday people by the mistakes they make?

I've been a Witness in many states all my life but I've never heard of a Hall being shut down. But I could be wrong. I'm sure someone will clarify.

It's strange because I don't feel I have left Jehovah, just an organization. I feel closer to him and read the Bible more than ever.

momz

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Hang in there harleau your on the right track your thinking for your self.

• 4mylove
    4mylove

So Harleau,

After reading through Silent Lambs, how do you feel about the 2 witness rule? How does an abused person find two people to speak for them? Most if not all abuse situation only involve the abuser and the victim.

• harleau
    harleau

I'm on the road to baptism, rite? By the way this is completely off subject. Anyway, something is telling me to stop before I make that leap. I just want to know everything. And now, I won't move any further in the organization. I have even stopped going to meetings and refused to have my study last week and this week as well. I feel a little stuck. Help me pls if you know what's going on and can help me or relate

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Ever heard of women's intuition? Listen to it. There is absolutely no reason for you to move forward until you are ready, or not. Just don't do it. It's simple. There is a great freedom in being a grown up.

Glad you're back!

momz

• eclipse
    eclipse

Harleau,

Hello again sweety,

That voice of caution and warning in your head is always right.

This religion uses fear to keep it's members trapped into worship of a group of men in brooklyn, under the guise of worhipping god.

They will do anything the governing body tells them to do because of being told that they cannot find anything better.

It's exactly like a beaten wife or girlfriend being told that she will never do better, that he is the only man that can love her.

You have your whole life ahead of you. Run from this highly controlling cult-like religion and embrace your freedom.

You deserve to have a life.

I am so happy that you have decided to not study anymore...there is more wrong with this religion than there is right.

If you need god in your life, then go to many different churches and see which one suits you.

I wish you all the best on your journey...

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Hi Harleau,

I assume you saw the nbc show. I'm so sorry, that had to be painful. It must seem that just as you have found answers, you are finding out they are not true. I truly hope you are being sincere on here, it will be very obvious if your not. I have never been a witness and hope to never have to. Stick around a while. STAY OPEN IN MIND!

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

Harleau, I think your best course of action is to research as much as you can about this religion, or any other for that matter. And please, pleae, please do not let anybody pressure you into making a life-changing decision such as submitting yourself to the teachings of a group of old men in NY.

• Gringa
    Gringa

How on earth can anyone even contemplate being in a religion that makes you shun your sister?

Who can believe in a "loving God" that would even consider tearing families apart?

Who can worship a God that created us, as humans, yet punishes us with death for being human?

Who can believe that God gave us "free will" but if you don't love him and do EXACTLY as he says, then you WILL DIE? Does that sound like free will?

Who is so stupid that they believe that crap?

Oh, I know!!!!! Jehovah's Witnesses!!!! That is who believes it all - - - - -- - - destroying families - ALL IN THE NAME OF GOD JEHOVAH, in Jesus name, amen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit