What has everyone done with your literature, now that you've left?

by momzcrazy 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Well I officially have 8 for sale on ebay. All the money is going toward our Christmas fund!

Thanks for all the comments guys! I think besides the sentimental things, our goodwill will be getting a donation.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I'm using the insight books to raise up my DVD Player/recorder so my remote would work they were just the right thickness.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

great idea, that would save my husband from having to build shelves.Anything to get out of extra work huh?

• flipper
    flipper

I threw most all of mine out ! Even my studies in the scriptures, old Light books Harp of God , etc.! By the way, I'm 120 years old ! LOL! But seriously, I kept some books that had counsel in it that elders did not follow in my circumstance ! The Family Life book, so I could show believing relatives the points the elders got wrong, when they counseled me ! Only reason, I keep it ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• rose petal
    rose petal

I think my hypocritical ex-husband has them all. He likes to impress the bros when they come around - "look how spiritual I am". I've been out for nearly 20 years now - what do all the jdubs do with the old literature if they are not allowed to read it? Shall I make that a topic?

Also, as a librarian I doubt that any jdub books donated to the local library would make it as far as the shelves. The librarians make decisions on what to include based on - authorship (nobody claims authorship in the WT books), bias (not even going to bother to explain that), public interest (who's going to read that crap), currency (is the info up to date, oops, new light).

rose petal

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Put them on ebay. There's a sucker born every minute.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I have a bookshelf in one of my closets and it is packed full of literature dating back to 1956. Actually further than than as I recently obtained some loosely bound volumes of the WT and Consolation back as far as 1938. In a way I'd like to get rid of them and free up some space, but Clyde says "no." He's not much for using the computer and sometimes he likes to do some resesarch the old-fashioned way.

• free2think
    free2think

Most of mine went in the bin.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The magazines saw the business end of my shredder. So did the Daily Texts, the Kingdumb Misery, and the calendars. The bigger books were put in garbage bags with some disgusting liquid poured on them and then placed in the middle of the dumpster. As it was raining, I am sure that they got even more disgusting liquid from the garbage that landed on top of them.

When I find a stray, I throw it away too. The Puketower and Asleep! magazines that turn up will be shredded. It has been more than a year since I found a stray one, though, since I did a pretty decent job at finding them all.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Yes sass, I have 8 older ones on ebay yesterday. I already have bids! The first Christmas fund is growing slowly but surely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit