What has everyone done with your literature, now that you've left?

by momzcrazy 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Poztate
    Poztate

I used a few volumes to prop up the leg of an old couch down in our rec room but that pissed off my wife to no end.

I started up the fireplace on a cold winter day and started feeding them in. I was AMAZED that they burnt. I kind of thought that jehobah might have stepped in and protected them.

I was a little pissed off that he didn't clear up the fly ash by the use of ANTIMATTERâ„¢ or one of those really high tech ways that freddy franz used to ramble on about.

Some of my Wife's old books I stored for her in a box marked OBSOLETE BOOKS. I think she noticed but so far has not said a word about it.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I have a box of WT and AWAKES still, I had planned to send to AlanF, but I think he has been cut off from any more literature :)

I have books that I guess I will keep for awhile

My KM's I sent to AlanF and a box of WT and AWAKES.

purps

• R.F.
    R.F.

Purps, maybe you and I should get together and have a WT literature burning party?

R.F.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I do have a burn pile I need to take care of!!!

might be fun!

purps

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

hell, i have 2 book cases i should have brought..of course they wouldnt have burned..it was raining too damn much..

hmmmm...ebay...bonfire...hmmmm

Snakes ()

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Burning books reminds me too much of Nazi Germany. So I sold my bound volumes to a JW Min. Servant for $120.00. I kept the AID book, The Bible In Living English, Rutherford and Russell's books, and the large edition NWT. Some of the more recent publications I donated to Goodwill and Salvation Army and wrote the market value off on my income tax, which wasn't much as Watchtower publications are so common. My ex-wife took the rest.

• BFD
    BFD

It all went in a dumpster in a fit of anger when the shunning began. My only regret is that I also threw away every letter mom my ever wrote me. Live and learn.

BFD

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

I put all of mine in the recycling 3 days after I found out it was all a charade, except my bible-for some reason I felt sentimentally attached to it and also had highlighted all the intellectual dishonesty that was in there. I regretted throwing out my Proclaimers book only because I wanted to have a permanent personal reminder of all the instances where the WB&TS have shot themselves in the foot with all their inconsistencies, lies and wishful thinking......

Funnily enough though, when I hold my bible, it brings back good memories and makes me sad for all the friends that have turned their backs on us. :-(

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I collect it, especially the embarrassing stuff.

I will keep it for as long as I have family in the cult as it can be used to help them to get out.

Cheers

Chris

• RR
    RR

I kept everything, and that's a lot of books. But in recent years with the help of friends, much of my watchtower library has been scanned and so I have it DVD's. I moved last year and my librray dwindled from 6,000 books to about 3,000. I ebayed most of it, and am still ebaying items, some rare, some not so rare. I figured if I haven't looked at it in a few years, I don't need them, of course someday I probably will, which is why I scanned them.

RR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit