What has everyone done with your literature, now that you've left?

by momzcrazy 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

99% of mine hit file 13 when I moved from my jw grandma's rent house after DAing. I remember it beeing a surreal experience. I had a big garbage bag and I just started chunking book after book after magazine until the whole shelf was empty. I did keep my Bibles, song book with the last Watchtower and KM I had inside when I left and the Live Forever book and Revelation book.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Y'all might like this. These are from an Apostafest in Aug 06.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

BTW, that's Breck aka Lowkey Lowsmith and his personal copy of the NWT

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I've still got three boxes of literature at the front of my garage waiting to decide what to do with it all. Also a few bags of taps from DC's.

I donated 25 years of bound volumes back in the early- to mid-90's. (Witness dad hauled that load somewhere.)

I'll check this thread later to get ideas on what to do with all that crap. There might be some goodies in there that is of some value to someone...

-Aude.

• oompa
    oompa

I may need help with a priest on this one....I tried to burn mine, gas..kerosene, blowtorch, incenerator.....absolutely would not ignite...Think I read about this happening before in the Watchtower.......darndest thing...oompa

• exwitless
    exwitless

We started throwing ours away a little at a time. I sent 2 books to Atlantis at his request. I was just about to trash the remaining books I had, when I had an eBay moment...

I decided, what the heck, I'll just box them up and put them on eBay for the fun of it. Well, in my inspection of the books getting them ready to sell, I found an old 1975 Kingdom News. I sold it on eBay separately (just for fun), and it ended up selling for $20!!!

The rest of my boxed up books went for $125.00. Yes, that's right, $125.00. Can you believe it?

So my advice to you is eBay the dang things; you'll make a little money and you'll aquire a lot of free bookshelf or storage space!

• BrentR
    BrentR

I burned it all at the same time over twenty years ago. My bookshelves are devoid of any religious material including a bible.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I've got a ton in my attic, hidden and out of sight....

• maxwell
    maxwell

I trashed it all except a few I gave away and one New World Translation that I kept. Although I'm not religious in the least, the bible is obviously important to many people. So I kept my New World Translation, and I can read many other translations online. I may still have a Watchtower 95 CD somewhere. But I don't know if it will run on my computer which is running XP now.

Had I known about the ebay potential, I might have considered it, but then there are the copyright concerns. Probably not a big risk, but not one I want to take.

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

I took a massive pile of mags and dumped them in the garbage can, then I dumped some "off" raw hamburger over it.
    It was one of the most liberating moments of my life. We still have lots of books and stuff, I might try ebay.
    I need money for Xmas presents.

Bobbi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit