What has everyone done with your literature, now that you've left?

by momzcrazy 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I have boxes of literature upstairs. I was waiting for bookshelves to get built in our new house, but now I don't want to put them all up. I have sentimental things, like ones that were my dad's.

I am going to just put them up in the attic.

What have you all done with yours?

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

99% of my collection found it's final resting place in the trunk of my car in a tow lot (I was moving at the time and had expired tags, no insurance and a suspended license and never went back for the lit). the few publications that avoided this purge or were given to me afterwards have all been donated to Goodwill or recycled.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

I've boxed it and put it in the basement, except for a choice few that I still have in my livingroom, because they show recent changes in doctrine etc. that I'd find helpful if anyone should question why I no longer believe.

• Maryjane
    Maryjane

I trashed mine. Every now & then I will stumble upon a JW book (I have a LOT of books so there are still a few in the mix that I missed) but whenever I do find a stray book I trash it.

No room in my life or my house for lies.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Maryjane,I can't even stand to look at a Watchtower.

I thought about being able to use them for arguements too, awakened. I also have the cdrom, but sometimes people want to see it in print.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I use it to the full.

I am quite the rage on the PRO-JW boards when I post quotes from the Faithless Slave.

Accolades from the jay dubyas on those boards include...

You evil Apostate

You Left Jehovah and are in Satan's army now

You bas$%#rd

Your mother wishes you had never been born

How dare you twist the words of God's organization

You are just trying to make the brothers look bad

We never said that

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Tore the covers off the hardcovers and burned them, everthing else went into the recycle bin.

BA- Green.

• R.F.
    R.F.

Most of it is at my parents house.

My father threatened to throw it all away, he said, since I no longer go to meetings. I told him to do whatever he wanted with it. So he might trash it for me.

R.F.

• Priest73
    Priest73

I left every thing boxed up in my old house. Then sold the house. Can I count those as placements?

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Most of my items were trashed (recycle bin). I donated a few books to the local library, like the Proclaimers Book, YPA, etc., anything I thought would be good reference material for those doing research on the beliefs of JWs. I dropped of a bag of items at the Salvation Army (bible tapes, drama tapes, my book of bible stories CD, DVDs, videos). I kept a copy of the bible, songbook, reasoning book and a few other books but they are not within my immediate sight. It was very liberating. I don't have a Watchtower, Awake, brochure, tract or Kingdom News in the place. I don't have a need for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit