Christmas Card exchange?

by bem 211 Replies latest jw friends

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I'm in!

• bem
    bem

Hi John Doe, Jim gave excellent advice.

Just a few reminders about sending Christmas Cards... and observations...

Sending Cards in the mail - be sure to send them with enough time allowed for them to arrive on time - PRIOR to Christmas (2007 - wide grin). This means getting them to the post about 10 days prior to December 25th - if not more - to allow for slower mail delivery times at this time of the year. (Also some people string their cards up as part of the festive decorations.)

Also - if sending overseas... like to/from Australia - or Europe - allow MORE time - as it takes about 14 days for things to get from there to here (or vice versa). Also - be sure to send and specify 'Air Mail' at the post office - to ensure that it does not go by boat - which would take about 2 months.

Another tip - if sending mail outside the country (U.S.) - you will need to take the cards to the Post Office - to get and pay for - foreign postage rates.

If you exchange your address with others - make sure that the address given is real. I have had one person give me an address - and 2 months later - I got their card returned - no such address. The individual was miffed that they had not received a card from many - but had sent out cards. If you have 'issues' with fears of being 'outted' or whatever - it may be best to not participate in exchanging Christmas Cards.

Keep in mind that within the U.S. postage rates are rated per ounce (which allows you to send a bit more than just a card), and outside the country, I believe it is rated per half-ounce.

Folks - Christmas Card exchanging can be very exciting - if you've ever done it before - you will know this. I believe that last year, I had almost 24 cards from friends through the exchange. It was pretty cool - and my wife was impressed!

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Jim TX

We just need to PM each other the addresses

Dorothy

• horrible life
    horrible life
    I've never made a Christmas card

To make a Christmas card, go to Walmart, You need to buy

construction paper
    scissors
    Glue
    glitter (many different colors)
    pretty markers (at least 24 count)
    stencils
    envelopes

Or, what I prefer to do, is buy a box of cards, usually for $3.50 that includes envelopes. Sign my name, and mail those little babies.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

I'll be in this year. I did this a few years ago and it was a lot of fun to get cards from all over the country... and even all over the world. I got them from several countries, it was really neat. I'll be pm'ing my address.

Jackie

• John Doe
    John Doe

All right, I'll try to do it. Pm me your address. ;-)

• bem
    bem
    Or, what I prefer to do, is buy a box of cards, usually for $3.50 that includes envelopes. Sign my name, and mail those little babies.

HL You are too cute I have a really good card progran for the computer but I'm not making my own this year, I bought some really cute ones in the after christmas sales last year, Hmmm does that make me cheap and the cards mean less?? I answer NO, no it does not, I prefer to call it planning and thinking ahead! okay and maybe frugal.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

bttt

I've started PM my address, just too tired to do the rest tonite. Wanted to bump this back up for anyone else who may be interested!

BB

• PEC
    PEC

bttt,

Philip

• bem
    bem

Hey all I could keep and send a list to any that want it, of the names and addresses I have so far, if everyone approves and anyone wants to do it that way.

• Purza
    Purza

I would like to participate this year as well. I have a list from 2005, but I don't know how accurate it is anymore. Is there anyone willing to gather addresses privately and then send it out to all who requested it? I would do it, but I don't spend a lot of time here anymore since I can't log on at work.

Purza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit