Jehovah's Witness here.

by nimzo 177 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

If you look up the word apostate independently from the Organizations 'guidance' you'll see that it means 'abandoning a previous belief, faith completely'. The Society use labels to manipulate and cause fear. All that is going on here is freedom of choice, the rest is extra and you get the choice to either walk away from those things or take a closer look. There are many so called apostates worldwide, not all of them can be wrong can they? Some of them may genuinely be hurting?

• fifi40
    fifi40

Nimzo...........if the only bible researchers you will listen to are part of the JWs then please forgive me but it is you and not us that is deluded.......

Apostate is to abandon a relgious belief..........the reason any of us abandon a religious belief is because it is proven to be wrong not because we wanted it to be wrong.......how many of us do you think love the idea that we do not have the hope of everlasting life on paradise earth or the resurrection hope........

If your only point of reference is that which the JWs feed you it is no suprise that you view us a deluded apostates...........for you to have an unbiased opinion you would need to examine a lot of evidence and facts that will expose your religion for what it is........are you prepared to do that?

• nimzo
    nimzo

AK - Jeff
    Don't bother with his comments because I already know what they say.. He didn't influence and certain verse translation.

I'm sure you know about the Coptic Translation, which translated John 1:1 to "a god" in 200-300 AD. Harwood, 1768, "and was himself a divine person Newcome, 1808, "and the word was a god Thompson, 1829, "the Logos was a god Goodspeed 1939 "the Word was divine

You're basically says it cannot be translated this way, and that is false. Translating to "Word was God" actually destroys the Greek Grammar.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Nizmo - do you understand the meaning of the word 'assertion'? It means that one just states something without facts. They did that in every highlighted portion that I list.

What I pointed out came from your own religious literature. There are a lot of intelligent people here - we are not just evil apostates as you allude. Or, how did you say it, 'typical apostate'. Just what the hell is that?

Do you honestly think that all these good people here just left the 'truth' for no other reason than to be 'apostate'? I lost my life with the organization - 45 year long friendships went up in smoke when I left. But I left for good reason. Your inablility to reason on what is stated here in a reasonable way is proof that you are mind-numbed. I feel sorry for those who are trapped in the cult. But I feel little sympathy for those who foolishly put on the blinders and then insult those who dared take a healthy look at facts instead of fantasy.

I suggest you get on your three piece suit and go in service today. You are not ready to carry on anything remotely close to a reasonable discussion - so go knock on the doors of the people and sell a magazine or two. When you decide to actually discuss something of relevance, come on back.

I don't know how to argue with idiot droids. See you later.

Jeff

• delilah
    delilah

...and the rush is on, at the end of the month, to boost his hours....

• nimzo
    nimzo

I'm asking questions but you guys keep ignoring them. TYPICAL APOSTATE TACTIC! I'll ask again! Why was the Tetragrammaton not used when the New Testament quoted the Old Testament?

• fifi40
    fifi40

Nimzo................how do you know what false teachings are if you only ever have listened to one side of the argument, have only ever been taught one thing to be right........

Just because the JW literature says something is right does not mean it is.

You have my sympathies I too was raised with this set of teachings and believed them to be true..............it takes a whole lot of work to want to be free of the comfy blanket of mind control.

Peace to you

• nimzo
    nimzo

AK - Jeff Yes I do know what assertion means. You continue to ignore my question.. will you bother answering it?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Just one comment before I go meet with intelligent people over coffee - Go look up Greber in your own damn CD. You will find that he was used to support what I stated.

You can lead a horse to water.......

Jeff

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

nimzo - first of all, welcome.

Your 'superior attitude' (the "Ha Ha Ha" 's, the exclamation marks, and the "don't bother ... I already know") shows me that you're thinking correctly; you are thinking that you have the Truth, and so any arguments you may encounter will whither and die in the presence of it. This is true. If you have the Truth, you have nothing to fear. Continue to challenge your beliefs by asking questions, to prove it right. As Paul said, "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." (1Th 5:21 KJV)

That said, you should allow yourself to ask questions that fall outside the realm of the Bible as well. Allow yourself to see other people's point of view. You have the internet at your disposal, and although there's both good and bad out there, there's a lot you can learn. Arguing doctrine with other religious people is not where I personally would start, but it's up to you of course.

When I say "outside of the Bible", I don't mean that you should necessarily start by questioning the organization. Widen your horizon with scientific research, for instance (from scientific sources). People aren't always out to get you, or led by the Devil.

Good luck. Widening your horizon won't do you any harm if you already know the Truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit