Just a little Update...(with pictures)

by RichieRich 151 Replies latest jw friends

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

BFD ... Will ... I see you are in the female role (roll) tonight.

What makes you think my hotmail and yahoo addies have anywhere near my real name?

Only an idiot would give their real name to someone on the net that they didn't even know ... right?

• BFD
    BFD

Not necessarily. Are you daring me to find your true identity?

BFD

• eclipse
  • Rosalee
    Rosalee

Do what you have to do.

eclipse ... will you quit formatting so often?

• eclipse
    eclipse

right

• BFD
    BFD

Rosey stay away from the kool-aide you're not making any sense.

BFD

• BFD
    BFD

I'm sorry Richie, I didn't even say hello. I think that it's great to see you taking better care of yourself. Sorry you got sort of highjacked here but I hope at least it's entertaining. Gotta say though a big effing OUCH on the tounge.

Nice to see you.

BFD

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

CoolHandLuke,

nonesensical? oh Nonsensical. Got it. I'll break it down Barney style for you (Barney is a big purple dinosaur that teaches rudimentary things to small children much as I'm about to do with you.)

Lets get the major things out of the way. While being confused with BigWilly is a compliment it bears no credibility to the argument to insult either of us. And with that said I apologize for my initial anger in response to your post. You are correct in saying that it has no bearing in a civil conversation of dissimilar views.

Your opinion in agreement with another's actions or not has no real bearing on the outcome of those actions unless they encroach on your own freedoms. Dissimilar views are truly the only way we learn. You never know just how you look through other peoples eyes. The reality though is that nothing you say is going to change what Richie does. He chose to leave his childhood religion at the protest of his parents and all that he knew. That was his choice. To those around him it was a poor one. But it was his choice. I understand that your viewpoint is from the perspective of someone older than him and perhaps wiser in some arenas. That changes not the fact that our lives are our own. Your opinion is yours to keep and his actions are his to keep. Such actions are not for all much as most personal decisions aren't. I choose to keep my tattoo's hidden. Richie doesn't. That is his choice. What I have learned about people in the past year is that it isn't anyone's place to change them or even attempt to. We can encourage, give our viewpoint and offer advice when asked. I do not recall his soliciting opinions of his actions or choices.

I have a friend who is an alcoholic cutter. I love her. I'm not going to change the fact that she drinks. I don't condone it and when asked I have told her what I think. When she's around me she respects my opinions by not over drinking. When together I ask about her scars. They mark points in her life, like my tattoo's, like Richies body modifications. And I love her for who she is and not who I want her to be. Because behind all of her reasonings for what she does she is at basest level my friend, human and a genuinely good person. Humans cope with their pains, their struggles, their ideas in many different ways. Who are we to impose our consciences on them?

If Richie came to my door to pick up my daughter for a date I'd be taken aback by his appearance but that would all disappear when he smiled, extended his hand and began speaking. The best girlfriend I have ever had was not the best looking one. And the best looking girlfriend I ever had was the worst one. It is down to the individual and what they possess in their souls not what is grafted onto their flesh that matters.

"Sensical" enough for you?

My, my you are a sensitive Willy. ;)

No, I am afraid that the passage above can also be relagated to the ranks of a diatribe that has little to do with the issues that I raised in the post.

What does an alchoholic cutter have to do with a tattooed, pierced and mutilated body? One is as a result of an illness, the other the result of unencumbered choice, a point that you then latterly seem to recognize. They have nothing in common, especially as you seem to indicate that the "cutters" scars are part of her unfortunate history.

Your issue regarding judgment by appearance while having merit, is nothing to do with the points that I raised. I do not judge Richie by appearance, I leave that to those who have empowered his decisions, and not just those to do with tattoos and weight, over the years on this Board, and even if I did this bears no relevance to the point that I was making. Just to remind you, the points that I made were this:

1) Tattoos, piercings, bodily mutliations have become the fashion the past fifteen years or so. Those who have taken on this decoration are fashion victims. The difference between clothing, household and other fashions is that bodily decorations are generally irreversible. You have your fashion fad stamped on you for the rest of your life, with all that this entails.

2) The claims that tatoos, piercings and bodily mutliations are an appeal to individuality flies in the face of fact. Previous to the past decade or so, a minority of people were tattooed. Then when the fashion fad hit, millions of people followed like sheep. How can one defend this as an appeal to individuality?

Letting "Barney" loose on a thread without teaching his the basics of debate is a dangerous exercise. ;)

Best regards - HS

• pmouse
    pmouse

Gawd this board is entertaining!

Richie, good to see you again! Can't say I like the tongue or the piercings much, but that's just me.

I still think he is a accident waiting to happen.

ahhhh ... so ...

Rosey, I think that should be "an accident", not "a accident"....

Paula (of the Grammar Police Squad Class)

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Your girlfriend is beautiful....congrats on your weight loss...it takes alot of work and determination.

Leslie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit