Just a little Update...(with pictures)

by RichieRich 151 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

So today I was thinking... and I haven't posted here in quite some time! I came and started reading through some recent posts... and boy have I missed a lot. The whole Trevorgate thing... and Danny Haszard... whew. Well, that's what I get for straying away from the board for so long.

Well, here's an update on me.

Those of you who keep up with me via MySpace or Facebook may know some of this... but I'm in a relationship with a beautiful girl. Her name is Janet. She has a wonderful family who accept me, and I've been able to do some cool things with them, like the other day we made Jack-O-Lanterns.

Being cute in the pumpkin patch (Forgive the flannel shirt)

:

Being a gentleman:

Janet and I with our finished products. She carved me into her pumpkin.

at the State fair:

Canoeing in the intercoastal waterway with one of my best friends a few weeks ago:

Ignore the obnoxious tshirt on my head (it gets sunburnt easy) but here we are on the beach:

I've been losing weight. Like a mad man. I guess my weight peaked at like 350-360 sometime in high school, while I was still a dub and eating loads of homecooked meals and not going to the gym regularly. I stood on the scale today and I'm 265. I'm doing at least 25 miles a week at the gym as well as doing the bikes and all that jazz. I can't really find a good before / after picture, seeing as how I wear pretty lose clothing, so it's not obvious. But I've lost probably 8 or 9 inches off my waist and I put an old suit jacket on the other day and this single breasted jacket, which used to have maybe an inch of overlap, overlapped the entire width of my body. I could touch my ribs on either side with the edges.

Ok, well here's me in high school:

and I guess I'll use this one again. I wear loose clothing, so it's not obvious, but its pretty plain to see that less of an orb than I once was:

Ok, and now the last topic of discussion...

About 2 weeks ago, I split my tongue. Before we all get upset, it means something to me. Only about 3000 people in the world have split tongues. Being raised as a Witness, we were always the minority. We always stood out. But for the wrong reason. Now I'm still the minority, but I do it for my own satisfaction. Not for God's / Mom's / anybody else's. Also, the tongue is a large cluster of nerve endings. By altering it's shape, it changes how you percieve certain sensations. It really does (to an extent) change how you interact with the world.

So here's a photo...

and for those who want to see it freshly done, click here (WARNING: blood.)

Well, that's about all I've got to say, so I guess I'll end here. Hope everyone is doing well.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Wow

Thanks for the update.

Split Tongue - OOOOHHHHHHHHHH YUK!

Your girlfriend is REALLY BEAUTIFUL you lucky thing!

Sirona

• jgnat
    jgnat

Richie, sweetie! It's been like FOREVER! Thanks for checking in. You did this old mama's heart good.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

glad to see you are doing OK. Rich, I am all into self-expression...just remember that someday all the things that mean so much to you today may not mean so much later...

All my uncles got inked in WW2 and Korea...at the time those tats meant "something" to every one of them. To the man, they all figured they were going to die and got some pretty "impressive" artwork. Years later after having to cover up and explain to their kids "what they were thinking" all indicated some regrets for having such permanent alterations.

~Always yours...Uncle Hill

• Sirona
    Sirona

Oh I had to do it didn't I?

I had to look at the "freshly done" picture.

URGH. Advice to others....don't look.

Sirona

• marmot
    marmot

That's really inspirational. I'm new to this board so I'm unfamiliar with your story, but you've got a truly gorgeous girlfriend and you look absolutely happy in those pictures.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Nice to see you again! You look great! I noticed the weight loss before you mentioned it....And you just look very happy!!((((((((HUGS))))))))

PS I peeked at the tongue pic too......OWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Richie - thanks for the warning, your girl is GORGEOUS, be good to her, you two look very happy!

Sirona -I got your warning too late. OOOUUUCCCHHHHH!!!

• bubble
    bubble

Yuk!!!!!!!!!!!

Why would you do that?

Welcome back, but still yuk.

• delilah
    delilah

Looking good Richie....I like your tats and piercings.....the tongue split looks PAINFUL.

As long as you're happy, that's all that matters. You have a beautiful g/f...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit