Lived through Danny H incident / Trevorgate? Do you feel a bit changed?

by nvrgnbk 79 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

what happened with Danny H? sorry, I only pop in for a few seconds at a time and post selectively when I do.............

• kazar
    kazar

Yes, I do feel betrayed. I haven't posted much in the past months...I finally got a job. I don't post much because I am shy. If this is the same Trevor that has been here a few years (I think his avatar at one time was a secret agent from a British espionage series, can't remember the name), he was one of the first people I chatted with when I first came on JWD about three years ago. Anyway, he seemed so nice he was one of my favorite people. I do feel betrayed; however I also feel redemption in knowing that the hoax was uncovered by those here at JWD so I also have feelings of optimism. I wanted to post my condolences to Trevor but was rushed to work and really felt my words would have been inadequate. Guess I'm glad I'm a retiring soul.

Anyway, congratulations to all here who are now aware of the fraud and not bitter about it. You're a tough bunch. I just can't believe the supposed superiority of Trevor to think he could get away with it with this group. Didn't take you folks long to find out. Who were first to find out? Just curious.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Who were first to find out? Just curious.

Some mods and posters were discussing it privately, trying to find the truth.

Scully started with this...Online Imposters: How Would You Identify Them?

Ozziepost followed with this...Funeral arrangements for Linda

It appears bikerchic was in on the sleuthing as well.

Nathan Natas was the first to put it out there.

People have asked for a picture of Trevor and Linda together.

We must be sensitive to the deep grief that Trevor has been experiencing lately -- the poor fellow is too distraught over the death of his beloved that he hasn't even been able to make funeral arrangements for her. Maybe he's going to dry her out like a Mayan Mummy and use her as a centerpiece on his dining room table; or maybe he'll pack her in vinegar and keep her as a pickle in the fridge.

For those of you who are visually inclined, I have cobbled together a similacrum photograph of Trevor and Linda at a glowing moment in their blessed relationship. David Hasselhoff is appearing in the role of Trevor, and Paris Hilton as his dear departed Linda. Enjoy!

alt

Lest there be any doubt, I am calling FRAUD on Trevor.

"Linda" is a figment of his twisted imagination, and you people have been played for fools.

I've got my Nomex™ hat on; so go ahead and rag on me for exposing this FRAUD.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

really Crumpet, the guy was outed and he has the nerve to keep playing the charade? What a wacko. Well fuck him. Let's not give it another thought. As for Danny H., I think that's more mental illness than being a sociopath. He needs to get help or he'll do some serious damage and wind up in jail. His attitude makes me think of the people who love animals so much they'll kill people to protect the animals. Or the people who are "pro-life" and so they feel it's OK to kill doctors and nurses who perform abortions. That is some seriously crazy shit.

• changeling
    changeling

The Danny H incident bothered me the most because it was real. He hurt real people. He made all ex JW's look bad.

The Trevor thing, is unfortunate, but it's the chance you take when communicating with strangers on the internet.

changeling

• kazar
    kazar

nvrgnbk,

Thanks for posting that information. I went on the links and I realize how absolutely vulnerable I am. Scary. At least reading how to identify scammers will help me in the future. I never thought it would happen here. It seemed to be the one place there was candid conversation with nothing to hide.

• ninja
    ninja

ninja senses a glimmer of hope......do you think my mother in law might be a figment of my imagination?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I know what happened with Trevorgate. Let me make sure I've got the Danny thing correct too: he posted a youtube video of him macing two poor old dubbies unprovoked, gloated about it, and then got banned? There was a video of the incident, and then was taken down?

I need some closure on DannyMaceGate....

• Scully
    Scully
    he posted a youtube video of him macing two poor old dubbies unprovoked, gloated about it, and then got banned?

He had Dogpatch/Randy Watters post the video on YouTube for him.

The weapon of choice was pepper spray, not mace.

He is not banned. He has chosen not to post here on the basis of having been "trashed" for his behaviour.

JWD did not remove the video. Randy Watters deleted it from his YouTube collection.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I still would like to know why Randy (who I've always thought to be a sensible person) thought it was a good idea to post the video in the first place. Has he not posted here at all since?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit