Share one or two interesting things about you we probably didn't know

by Gopher 140 Replies latest jw friends

• yumbby
    yumbby

This is a fascinating thread. I realized that nothing about me is interesting except my family. They are interesting.

My biological dad is a Sax player in Cajun French Bands and was asked to play with George Strait once.

I have a brother named Cannon.

My husband is a comic book / Science Fiction/Fantasy Cover artist. We go to Sci Fi Conventions around the United States to talk to authors.

I had Epilepsy that mysteriously went away over night, and never came back. The doctors have no idea why.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Many years ago, when I was visiting England, I accidentally put my passport in my suitcase and checked it at the airport. This was right after IRA bombings in London and terrorist bombing in Paris, so security had just been stepped up. Any hoo, I didn't want all the other passengers to lynch me for holding up the plane while they pulled my luggage off to search it (they had just started the rule that luggage couldn't fly without a corresponding passenger). I also didn't want to miss my cheap chartered flight home and then have to pay full price for another. So I had my parents and little sisters create a tacky tourist diversion at the passport checkpoint (that was easy, since they were tacky tourists) and then I snuck through a total of 3 passport checkpoints, two in Thiefrow airport and one in Canada. Canada was the easiest.

Afterwards I was quite indignant that I had manged to slip through so easily. I thought about writing a letter to the airlines about their lax security!

Cog

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I've been to the People's Republic of China four times to study massage at a hospital in Beijing. I've been to Moorea two times, lovely place but lousy long flight. On my first trip to China, the Tien an Men square incident happened. On my first trip to Tahiti, there was a demonstration and the locals tried to burn down the airport.

• free2beme
    free2beme

My wife and I only new each other six months, from introduction to marriage.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I absolutely love drinking beer and other spirits, yet I am not an alcoholic, and I have only been drunk (3) times in my life.

Not very interesting, but what the hell. Why not share?

The Oracle

• avishai
    avishai

Breck, you're a kindred spirit. We gotta hang, maybe see who's walken is better. Or vader. Walken is a bitch to learn.

• avishai
    avishai

OK, some of you may know most of this, I'm kinda an open book, but here ya go... I'm a wedding minister, I'm not ordained just for kicks, I've officiated over 100 weddings. I'm an actor, a sometime massage therapist, a single full-time dad. I have "hemi-dystonia" a seizure type disorder, but not epilepsy. Uhh, will be back when I think of more.

• Gopher
    Gopher

What a pleasant surprise to see this thread come back, thanks to Renee.

Everyone has such interesting stories to tell. If you plan to travel with Hortensia, brace yourself for a revolution!

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

The amount of countries Ive visited is equivalent to my age.

I have done a prosection on an Orangutan and mutliple humans as part as a multivariate study on primate bones.

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

The amount of countries Ive visited is equivalent to my age.

I have done a prosection on an Orangutan and mutliple humans as part as a multivariate study on primate bones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit