Share one or two interesting things about you we probably didn't know

by Gopher 140 Replies latest jw friends

• Gopher
    Gopher

Bisous, I'm glad you (and others) are enjoying the thread. I wanted to create something where we built up a little positive interaction here, after the pepper-spray-gate and Trevor-gate incidents that devastated the board in the past week.

BTW, do you have a thing or two you wish to share about yourself??

• free2think
    free2think

Im left-handed

I've had my ears pierced 7 times, but only have 5 holes.

• Warlock
    Warlock

I was very shy when I was a child.......seriously!

We NEVER would have guessed that about you, lust of my life.

Warlock

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

I have Scuba dived on the Great Barrier Reef, i did 2 dives at 'Agincourt reef' (off Cairns), one off Green Island (off Cairns), and another 2 at Julian Rocks (off Byron Bay). What an experience!!!! Amazing!!!

LFCv

• Vyla
    Vyla

I draw and quite often during the day mentally visualize almost the same symbol as Purplesofa, but it is in the colors of the Rainbow (ROYGBIV) and the last (eight) slice of the wheel is usually gold. It feels like some primordial mandala of protection to me.

I have jumped out of a plane once. Travelled across Europe once. Travelled the Carribean once. Did all 324 miles of the AIDSRide on a bike, once. Married once (still am). Guess, I like to try new things, do my best and "zen" move on.

Life is good and I like to see it with joy and gratitude.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I think I was supposed to be a twin. I had twice the teeth (dentist fixed them over a few years time when I was in elementary school) And I was born with two vaginas. Doctor fixed that too.

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

Kind of hard to top Reneeisorym.I used to be a brewery rep for the 'World's Largest Brewer' (you know who that is.) I am now a stay at home dad studying to be a Toronto Police Officer.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I worked on Radio broadcasting for a bit.

If I could afford to starve a couple of years I'd train horses and build saddles full time

~Hill

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I go by my middle name (Breck). My first name is Lee, but it sounds very odd when people call me that. I sign things "L. Breck Taylor" though.

I go fishing at least twice a month for salmon, trout, & steelhead. In one day, last September, I caught 3 King Salmon. a 47 pounder, a 42 pounder, and a 38 pounder. That was a good day.

I do impersonations. Darth Vader (with a bucket over my head, or it doesn't work), Arnold Schwarzenegger, Harry Carrey, Christopher Walken, and more.

I have lots of tattoos

I'm somewhat of a gun fanatic but don't hunt.

I have a very unique job. I work for America's third largest brewpub chain-McMenamins Pubs & Breweries.(but we only have locations in Oregon & Washington). My job is to do the mixology for all 56 properties. (Monthly & seasonal cocktail specials, etc.) I train new bartenders, I decide what liquors each pub will carry (this makes things intersting when dealing with liquor sales reps. They shower me with free booze, suite tix to sporting events, concerts, etc.) I am also the distilled spirits educator for our pub employess. I conduct classes that show how distilled spirits are made, the difference between a scotch & Irish whiskey, etc. Fun job. www.mcmenamins.com

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

• My kids and I were studying lapidary for a while; the local gem & mineral club had a kick-ass workshop at the YMCA.
    • My 8th-grade English teacher taught a workshop on science fiction – back when most people still thought "science fiction" and "literature" didn't belong in the same sentence. Supplementary reading was provided by ME – I had three or four dozen novels and a collection of Fantasy and Science Fiction stretching back to the fifties, mostly flea market finds.
    • My parents owned a music shop in Berkeley, Lundberg's Fretted Instruments. They opened it in the right place at the right time – right at the beginning of the folk music boom, back in the early sixties. It thrived until the recession brought on by the gas crisis in the early 70's, but it stayed open till my mother died.
    • I spent my late childhood and teen years in a lush three-story house built in 1906; rumor has it that it was designed by Julia Morgan or possibly Bernard Maybeck. My parents filled it with Tiffany lamps, oriental rugs, and period (ca. 1890-1935) furniture. Period appliances, too; only the fridge, washer and dryer were built after about 1930.
    • The garage took up the entire first floor and had a turntable in it so that you didn't have to worry about how to park six or eight cars in it. The turntable was nonfunctional by the time my parents bought the house, so they only ever kept four or five cars in it (all but one built before 1942).

• For several years, I was in charge of the receiving line (actually, the "downing out clueless hecklers" line at the Gay Prom in Hayward, CA.
    There, I think that's enough :)

gentlyferal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit