Share one or two interesting things about you we probably didn't know

by Gopher 140 Replies latest jw friends

• Gopher
    Gopher

We have such an interesting group of people from around the world on this board. But how well do we really know each other?

It might be interesting to have a thread where you discuss a hobby, something interesting that happened in the past, somewhere you've been, etc.

Not deep, dark confessions - just interesting stuff.

* I have travelled into all 48 American states that are not named Alaska or Hawaii.

* For the past few years, I have had a slight walking impairment due to a form of arthritis known as ankylosing spondylitis. I was diagnosed at age 25 with AS.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I have travelled across most of the United States, including Alaska and Hawaii, but have not
    seen Niagra Falls or Mount Rushmore or Yellowstone National Park, yet.

I have seen quite a bit of the rest of the world too, but want to travel more and see more.

• minimus
    minimus

I'm not a little guy, hence "Minimus", I am not.

I've been approached by a number of people telling me that I look like a very famous TV star, except that I'm "better looking".

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I did work on one of Francis Ford Coppola's NYC apartments as well as the Ed Sullivan Theater.

I enjoy a beer or two every now and then.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Sorry Minimus, I just cannot resist exposing you:

I've been approached by a number of people telling me that I look like a very famous TV star, except that I'm "better looking".

alt From American Idol.

alt

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

I use to work for a Bird Rescue place. I was their trainer or rather helping their birds adjust and realize all people are not that bad. I'd take in the meanest, "worse" birds and rehabilitate them so they could get good homes. Not one bird was too "damaged" to be rehabilitated. I'd then teach the new owners how to deal with their birds because I feel there is not "bad" bird just uninformed people who do not know how to handle them.

I'm an artist and use to sell my art work. Sold quite a bit back in the days.

• zack
    zack

I have jumped 32 times out of a personally good airplane and have not only lived to tell about it, but recommend it highly to anyone while still in--- all on the QT, of course.

• minimus
    minimus

OTWO, you got me!!! Now everyone knows I'm HUNG.

• fifi40
    fifi40

I have travelled to lots of places in Europe and also have been to Oz (my mum lived there for 10 years. USA and Barbados and I speak some Polish.......due to the fact that my company employs quite a few Polish peeps.

My dad rode in the Grand National 5 times and I think was probably the only JW who trained racehorses for a huge part of his life.......he got away with it because he didnt gamble.......but he also never received any privledges.....hey ho horse racing was sooooo much more fun!

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

I've not had a "real" vacation in more than 10 years. Ugh. I want one, dangit. My son's father has never seen him, yet we talk on almost a fairly regular basis. And work at the same place. :(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit